• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Happy with yesterday's round

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Was out yesterday with the kids, and shot 89 which is a decent round for me. Even better is my finish to get there. I need to go par/bogey on the last 2 holes to get it.

17 is the #1 handicap hole playing 530 into a strong wind. I've got a bad elbow, and my left arm felt like it was made out of lead by this time. I never par this hole on a good day with a favorable wind. Hit a decent drive - 200 yards into a 20 mph wind, 2nd shot I hit a 3 wood fattish and only got about 160 out of it so I had about 170 for a GIR. Hit a good hybrid, it faded right on me, but was pin high 10 yds off the green. My 4th was a chip that rolled up to about 12" for a kick in scrambling par.

All I needed was a bogey on 18, 430 yard par 4 with a strong dogleg left. I tried to muscle my drive and hit a banana right that left me a long way (around 250) to the green. Second was a nasty yank into the trees left. Right now I'm thinking 89 is history because I'm laying 2, deep in trees and needing a long punch to thread out and down just to see the fairway. I hit the shot and got as good a lie as I could have hoped. I'm now laying 3 with about 85 yards to the pin and needing an up and down for Bogey. Hit the wedge fat and barely got on the front of the green but was 60 feet from the hole. A 60 foot putt to break 90 was what I needed. I don't know how many 60' putts you guys make, But I sink damn few! This time, I MADE THE PUTT...The little white sucker ran into the hole like it had eyes.

So, to shoot 89 I parred the #1 handicap hole, and sunk a 60 foot putt on 18. That's why I'm happy.:cool:

OP
wirehair

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Thanks, I feel pretty good about that putt, and that chip on 17 to save par also.

"I love it when a plan comes together."

🔥 Latest posts