• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hardest Schedule in 25 Years

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Not saying they can't do it, but my Steelers are having trying times this year. I believe fully that they can win every one of these games, but here's their opponent list for the rest of the season...

Bengals
Giants
Redskins
Colts
Chargers
Bengals
Patriots
Cowboys
Ravens
Titans
Browns

Everything outside of their conference is comprised of the best teams in the league.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Everything outside of their conference is comprised of the best teams in the league.
Toughest Schedule in 25 years??? They are in one of the weakest conferences in the NFL, and only 5 of the 11 games are against teams with a better than .500 record. Of their first five games, none have a winning record with a combined record of 7-15.

In their conference, they basically seem to be the only team in the NFL that have a free bye to the playoffs it would appear (edit 1 - .... and could likely do so even if they were to finish with a losing record).

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Not saying they can't do it, but my Steelers are having trying times this year. I believe fully that they can win every one of these games, but here's their opponent list for the rest of the season...

Bengals
Giants
Redskins
Colts
Chargers
Bengals
Patriots
Cowboys
Ravens
Titans
Browns

I've highlighted their tough games. 4 out of 16 ain't so tough...

They've struggled because of an offensive line that hasn't learned how to protect their QB, and injuries to some key players.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Oooohh, two games against the Bungles, how will they ever survive? :rolleyes:

Chargers? Have you seen them play lately?

Same with the Colts. Not exactly the juggernaut they have been the past several years.

Ravens? They are not going to be a playoff team so not what I consider a "tough" game. Its a game Pittsburgh should win.

The Browns? They can make the Bungles look good.

The Pats? While I still think they are playoff team, they are not same team they were last year with Brady at the helm.

Just be happy they don't have the Fish on the schedule, they are playing inspired football the past few weeks.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I've highlighted their tough games. 4 out of 16 ain't so tough...

They've struggled because of an offensive line that hasn't learned how to protect their QB, and injuries to some key players.

Damn, I see we are thinking along the same lines again. Time to get that lobotomy scheduled. :laugh:

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006

Bengals
Giants
Redskins
Colts
Chargers
Bengals
Patriots
Cowboys
Ravens
Titans
Browns

Fortunately for them the AFC is looking pretty weak in general this year.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Hey hey hey, I'm saying their toughest schedule. Its a lot of away games.

Did you see the game against the Jaguars last Sunday? For the most part, the O-Line gave Big Ben the time he needed.

Their conference isn't that tough, which comes as a relief considering. I'm just saying, they are facing some stout teams this year.

Oh, and the Steelers have coped well with injuries. Big Ben keeps on truckin, and Moore did a fantastic job running last week.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Hey hey hey, I'm saying their toughest schedule. Its a lot of away games.
:laugh:
... let the flopping around like a fish begin. Actually, I did read that into "Hardest Schedule in 25 years" that you were saying they had a tough schedule.

Last I checked, most all teams play 8 home and 8 away, for which in their final 11 games 6 are at home.

I will go a step further and say Pittsburgh may border one of the easiest roads to the playoffs in as long as I can remember. They really only need to top Baltimore to make the playoffs, who's schedule is not really that much easier. Look at the other divisions, then tell me why you think they have a tough road to the playoffs. Like the NFC East who did not have a team last year with a losing record and may likely do the same this year. Actually I wouldn't be surprised to see all 4 teams in the playoff this year. Heck, Philly was picked by a few to win the division this year. Pittsburgh may be the only that would not be hard pressed to win a game in the NFC East. Which may be tested since they play each other this year.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Okay, I suppose there is some confusion.

I'm not saying the NFL's toughest, just saying the Steelers'.

You guys are ruthless.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
You guys are ruthless.
You brought it up, we just supported our claims.
:laugh:

... and this is not to say I feel Pittsburgh is a bad team, I just remember alot of Pittsburgh teams that had alot tougher schedules, mainly when they were dominant in a division that had more dominant teams in the AFC. I do see them losing possibly 3 or 4 more games this year, and none of them do I see being to a division team. Basically what makes their schedule tough this year is they play the NFC East. Which should make them feel lucky they are in their division and not the NFC East.

edit 1 - ... actually I could likely see Pittsburgh making it to the Super Bowl, but this is more in relation to the caliber of the AFC this year. ... but I doubt it will be as a Wild Card Team. :D

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Ugh, nevermind.

Who else hates the Patriots? :biglol:

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country

Just you and anyone else who doesn't appreciate the commitment to "team" it takes to play at the level the Patriots have for the last 7 years. :D

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
:biglol:

I label the Patriots as a tough team, and another hill to climb this season.

Isn't that enough tim?

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Ugh, nevermind.

Hehehehehe an auto-threadjacking, that's a new one I think :D

I don't like them much either. Lots of times they seem to win by "bending" law a little bit, referee help and stuff like that (not talking about the video stuff but the game itself).

🔥 Latest posts