• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Harrington fist pump

bigsandals

Jul 15, 2006
I know a bit of time has passed since the PGA, and I really like Padraig Harrington.....but was that fist pump on 18 the worst celebratory fist pump of all time? I can't think of a dorkier one right off hand....although Lefties 1st masters is a close second.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Yeah Scotty, that's like saying Bill Gates needs a haircut.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I have to agree he looked like a real Dweeb, Kind of Like Monty(the Cricketer) when he takes a wicket. I'm sure he'll have plenty of other Major Victories to improve it though :)

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I thought he was having a fit of tourette's. He should have broken out into a rendition of Riverdance. :laugh:

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
If you win three mayors you can celebrate any way u want. Even running around with a pink g-string would become acceptable...

The Salt Vampire

...and loving it.
Aug 14, 2006
I thought it was great. The man has a wicked overbite and bays like a donkey when he is interviewed.

He seemed to be aware of playing with Sergio and not rubbing it in. Tiger is the only golfer that can fist pump and make it look natural.

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
I think its very unfair to judge Harrington and other pros by criteria such as good or bad fist pumps! These are highly trained individuals that work hard on their craft, as evidenced by the amount of money they are paid to exhibit their unique skills. And part of their craft is maintaining mental control. So to expect a player to be "cool" after 4 grueling days that take a huge mental toll is just absurd to the point of being offensive.

Obviously these players should be judged, instead, by how hot their wives and/or girlfriends are.

Bulldog

Let the Big Dog Eat
Aug 8, 2008
The only way it could have been worse is if he screamed with that whinny pitchy voice of his........

emc

What would the Joker do?
Feb 4, 2006
I do have to qualify this thread to state not all Irish people sound like Paddy, ie a leprechaun. I thought it was a fantastic fist pump, one that I shall repeat the next time I play a match, on the 1st hole, for the half, from a foot.

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
You think Padraig sounds like a leprechaun?

(Come to think of it, when have you heard a leprechaun talk?!? Might I suggest a tad less LSD in your morning coffee!)

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
You think Padraig sounds like a leprechaun?

(Come to think of it, when have you heard a leprechaun talk?!? Might I suggest a tad less LSD in your morning coffee!)

So, Padraig, tell us how it feels to win your 3rd major, 2nd in a row? "It's a great feeling... it's, it's magically delicious!!".

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
So, Padraig, tell us how it feels to win your 3rd major, 2nd in a row? "It's a great feeling... it's, it's magically delicious!!".

Where's me pot 'o . . . errrr, Claret Jug!

awww.badmovies.org_movies_leprechaun_leprechaun8.jpg

EDIT: Uhhhhh. Maybe emc has a point:

cover-aug16.jpg

🔥 Latest posts