• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Has anybody hit this...

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Yes, Crossfire had one for a while and I believe Ezra might have toyed around with one for a while. It has a 2-3* open face much like an FT-3 Tour or HiBore XL Tour, so if going to the right is your normal swing fault I would probably look elsewhere.

Personally, I have not hit one, but love the original TEE Driver. I have a HiBore XL Tour I am messing around with that I have hit some solid drives with, but when I miss the ball goes WAAAYYYY right. :laugh:

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I had the original TEE driver. Hit big hooks with it, but I think that was the shaft. Should have kept it, darn it, and reshafted it.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
That's the exact model and shaft I had. The shaft is shit, but it is easy to reshaft. Beautiful driver and one of the best sounding ever. If you get it and don't like it, let me know.

I see you have the V2 in both of your FW woods, how do you like it as a FW shaft?

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
It works fine in my 3 wood, not so well in my 4 wood, but that may be the head. I'm working on replacing that 980F head with another TEE 18° head.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I haven't hit one outside of the shop. I'll be getting an XCG, Tour Proto or the Adams XTD in the next week though. I had a 10.5* head but never shafted it. They are a pain. BBTG is only like 1" so you need a practically new shaft. I had a 43" shaft and it would have made a driver just under 44". I've also heard the design has had problems with shafts snapping. Tour Edge has a lifetime warranty though, just make sure you get one that will be covered. Another reason I wanted the Proto, it already has my favorite shaft in it stock. No need to worry about voiding the warranty with a reshaft.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
"and I believe Ezra might have toyed around with one for a while"

pmsl at that:)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.