• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Have I been duped!!

ubedizzy

Oct 13, 2005
Can someone help me find out if I have been subject to a convincing wind up or not. I need to know if anyone has heard of Joey Jones as a caddy, I was in Tenerife at the same time as the Abama Canaries Open and spent a long time talking to a supposed Joey Jones who was caddying for someone playing in the competition. No holiday romance or anything like that - just wondered if was worth my time watching the golf on telly to see if i could see him in the background, or they guy was more likely a travelling sales rep for a mattress company!!!!!!

Jay McNasty

High Altitude Hacker
Aug 22, 2005
Rofl. Great first post.

This thread should be re-titled "How Stella Got Her Groove Back"

OP
U

ubedizzy

Oct 13, 2005
No not holiday romance - seemed a nice guy - he asked me if i played golf when I told him I did he went to explain why he was there etc etc - the reason I am sceptical is because he was from liverpool and I know there is some sort of famous football bloke called Joey Jones connected to that area - hence why i think it may be a wind up - didnt know where else I could find out so thought i'd give one of these forums a go.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I can confirm that Joey Jones is indeed a travelling sales rep for a mattress company BedsRus. He owes me £20.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
IrishGolfer said:
I can confirm that Joey Jones is indeed a travelling sales rep for a mattress company BedsRus. He owes me £20.

Only kidding - Google is great, see:

http://www.sportinglife.com/golf/eu..._NAME=golf/02/09/08/GOLF_Crans.html&YEAR=2002

Looks like he loops for Barry Lane and also looped in the past for Seve (actually tried suing him)

http://www.golftoday.co.uk/news/yeartodate/news97/seve2.htm

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_19970511/ai_n14106293

and Ronan Rafferty among others.

What was his Chat-up line? "I wouldn't hit a 4 iron into that wind!" :biglol:

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
IrishGolfer said:

IG - are your saying that you bedded Joey Jones...:biglol:

and all you got out of the deal was a lousy 20 bucks!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
VtDivot said:
IG - are your saying that you bedded Joey Jones...:biglol:

and all you got out of the deal was a lousy 20 bucks!

How do you think I managed to afford that CG10? These clubs don't come cheap ya know.

And by the way £20 = ~$35
(I'm trash, but at least I'm not gutter fodder...)

OP
U

ubedizzy

Oct 13, 2005
Fantastic thankyou IrishGolfer, see you all mocked but I knew this was the right place to come to find an answer!!!! Thanks all - I will be sure to try and make my next post as interesting as this one!!!

🔥 Latest posts