• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

have you set a goal for yourself, if so, hows it coming

My goal is to get under the career low handicap of 5.0 that I had on September 1 of last year. I am trending lower earlier in the season than last year so I feel pretty good that I'll make it. Over the past three years, each cycle has been better than the last with the "high scores" in the cycle getting lower and lower each time I trend downwards.

Keeping my head down & eliminate topping the ball completely. That's my #1 issue when i screw up, I can aim pretty well & put the ball where I want it if I manage to actually get under the damn ball. Not worried about any specific score or handicap, simply continue to work on striking the ball. The scores will drop easily if I can just attain that goal.

Mid to high 80's by end of summer. Currently my best round is something around a 103 on 18 and a 43 on 9. I would be thrilled if I could stretch that 43 to a 86 on 18.

Solid contact on full swings 90% of the time! Or there abouts.

Routinely break 90. My pro thinks it'll get done.

My goal this year was to re-dedicate myself to golf. My children are now 7 & 3, so time is a little better. I have been doing something golf related 6 out of the 7 days of the week. I have been playing or practicing before work. It is tough getting up at 4:30, but I am amazed how easily I can get up to golf. I usually hit the course by work at lunch to do something. I also updated my bag with a hybrid and a new wedge and new 3w. Plus I got a new bag and golf shoes.

Things are going great. I reached one of my life goals of shooting under par for 18. I was probably more proud though of my round this past Sunday. My home course was packed so I went down the street to play. I had never played this course before. I played from the tips. It is a par 72. It is rated 72.4/137. I shot 2 over 74 having never seen the course before. Good feeling.

In a little less than 2 weeks I am going to try to qualify for the IL State Amateur. I haven't played a tournament round since HS. If I make it will be a great feeling.

I was going to work on my short game and make that my top priority this year...it was going great until i bought my motorcycle...now any free time i get i am increasing the demand for fuel in this country...i havent played golf, hell, i havent even swung a club in over two weeks...so its not going so well right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520