• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hawks Landing Golf Club, Orlando, FL

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Hawks Landing
Hawk's Landing Golf Club
I did this as part of a golf Package through the Marriott. We played it on two consecutive days. We also played Grand Pines our first day, unfortunately because we already had a long day from the travel and delayed flight, I had no chance to take pictures. Although as part of the package Hawks Landing was only $10 for the two of us, and it was a far superior course IMO. If we go again, we would likely forgo Grande Pines and simple do Hawks Landing.

This is an absolutely gorgeous course as far as scenery, specifically if you like water. It is kind of unusual for what I am used to and a common trait is that alot of the bunker play into the water. The course was in pretty good shape, although the beauty of the course easily allowed me to overlook some of the negative aspects. One very noticable thing was that the greens were not in great shape IMO. They play fairly true, but a common issue on most of the greens was that as you got more towards the outside, the more they were deteriorated. Not sure the problem, whether they were recovering from a fungus or what, but they did roll fairly true even though some of the spots were very noticeable when placing your ball.

It made for two great days and even with regard to the greens, I would play it again in a heartbeat. Although I have few other Orlando courses to base it on, this is simply stunning and more impressive for the scenery than the golf, and as a golf course it is pretty nice.

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Photos from Hawks Landing, notice the Blimp in the one

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
I have been trying to play there for a few years now, but I keep on missing the $30 deal on a local web site. Everytime I catch the deal on a day off, the weather does not cooperate. I drive by the course fairly frequently and it looks great from the road and always temps me.

Nice photos. :thumbs up:

Ian

Mar 18, 2008
W estayed at the World Center Hotel on the way up to Sawgrass last month. Course looked good! Will play next time!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.