• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Heavier B60 option?

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Well, it seems I'm celebrating my 1000 post here!!!!!

Isn't it amazing the amount of time you loose n-line? :D

So, after 1k posts and 5 wedge set changes I wanted to ask you guys something:

I wanted to ask you guys a putter question. I'm currently using a Ping Karsten Series B60 which I love quite much and fits perfectly on my new Shot Talk Cheetah Head Cover, but I am kind of feeling the head to be a little bit lighter than I would want.

Is there any non-$300 option (e.i. not a SC Circa for example) to look for which looks similar to the B60 with a little bit more toe-weight? The most important thing, again, is I need it to fit my new Head Cover :D

Thanks mates :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Why not put a heavier shaft in your existing head? Nippon makes several models of various weights, as does True Temper.

Nippon

True Temper

I have the Nippon and it's outstanding in terms of feel and ability to stroke the club through the hitting zone on lags and shorter putts getting to the hole.

R35

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Your putter cover arrived today, Cami. :) It's cute.

Have you tried a B60 with some... lead tape? Or a tip weight? Or that heavier shaft?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Have you tried a B60 with some... lead tape? Or a tip weight? Or that heavier shaft?

I was thinking the same thing, throw a strip of lead tape on the toe and call it a day. You could swap out for a heavier shaft to as Rock mentioned. I put a heavy shaft in my putter and it completely changed the feel (for the better) and then threw a strip of lead tape on it (on the toe actually) and it putts just as well as my Scotty that I paid 10 times more for.

Golfsmith: The World's Largest Golf Superstore - Shop Golf Clubs, Balls, GPS, Apparel, Shoes, Bags Training Aids and More!

OP
xamilo

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Your putter cover arrived today, Cami. :) It's cute.

Pics! Pics! Pics! :D

Thank you guys. I'm going to look then for a heavier shaft;
One other thing, does the heavier shaft change the weight balance at all (where you feel the weight)?

Thanks

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
One other thing, does the heavier shaft change the weight balance at all (where you feel the weight)?

Thanks

Not that much. It's "heavier" in terms of static feel, but not in the head. Just the overall weight of the putter is more, but it's balanced perfectly. This is speaking of the Nippon, I haven't had any saddle time with anything else.

The Heavy Putters are an extreme of this idea. Heavy heads and heavy shafts. I hated the entire line, but it worked for some guys.

R35

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Loved the B-60 style. Even though it was forbidden to mention, I got my SC circa 62 #6 for $125. It's the heavier version of the B-60.

ridgecrest18

Sep 15, 2008
Why not just pick up a BeNi B60......... It's has significantly greater head weight, due to the higher density of BeNi.

🔥 Latest posts