• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello again fellas.

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
Well I took quite the hiatas from this website. So i figured I'd atleast update everyone who cared.

I got enganged. Turned 21. Changed my major to middle school math and science education, doing very well in school. Got unengaged. Started drinking again. Made the tournament team for college golf. Had a BEAUTIFUL daughter. Bought a .357 for 13 years down the road when she starts liking boys. Pretty much it, its kind of wintery up here so golf hasnt been on my mind. I'll probably start checking in again just to pass the time.

Mike

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
With all due respect....

You are an idiot.

Single father at 21? If my kid does that I'm kicking his ass.

(welcome back)....lol!

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Well I took quite the hiatas from this website. So i figured I'd atleast update everyone who cared.

I got enganged. Turned 21. Changed my major to middle school math and science education, doing very well in school. Got unengaged. Started drinking again. Made the tournament team for college golf. Had a BEAUTIFUL daughter. Bought a .357 for 13 years down the road when she starts liking boys. Pretty much it, its kind of wintery up here so golf hasnt been on my mind. I'll probably start checking in again just to pass the time.

Mike

Congrats on having a daughter and smart move on the .357.

OP
Crossfire

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
Daughter was with said fiance. Things happen, I know I would have had a very hard time living with myself after an abortion. I can only imagine what that times 100 would feel like for her. Regardless, were still together but now we really have a greater good in mind. Things seem to be going well atleast. I understand I am an idiot, but im doing the best I can. I am able to sleep at night, and if you can't understand that. With all due respect, Go f*ck yourself.

(Thanks for having me back) :)

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
While I'm fu cking myself, get rid of the gun you dope.
You bought that for no other reason than you are young, dumb and full of testosterone and like to blow things up.

You'll hurt someone.

:biglol::biglol:

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Daughter was with said fiance. Things happen, I know I would have had a very hard time living with myself after an abortion. I can only imagine what that times 100 would feel like for her. Regardless, were still together but now we really have a greater good in mind. Things seem to be going well atleast. I understand I am an idiot, but im doing the best I can. I am able to sleep at night, and if you can't understand that. With all due respect, Go f*ck yourself.

My respect for you has grown 1000 fold after this post. Good for you.

Phana24JG

Phana24JG
Nov 10, 2009

Best of luck, and great decision.

OP
Crossfire

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
Sling, honestly I have alot of respect for you and what youve done with this community ( I would not be a premium member otherwise) But I am very taken aback by your disrespect of my situation. Would you have rather me a deadbeat dad, and change adresses avoiding a child support bill? I really understand how you can attempt to dismantle and judge my life, as you have much more life experiance. I will give you that I am not the perfect son, But I know Goddamn well, I rather my son ( god forbid i make another "mistake" according to you) man up and take responsibility then be a coward like you are promoting.

OP
Crossfire

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
While irrelivent, I feel it should be known to you. I am not a religious person, nor conservative. Unless youve been confronted while being young about being a father, you really cannot understand. I spent atleast a week crying, not knowing what to do. Trading my "life" for having a child. I then realized that "wasting" my life is exponentially better than ending or neglecting someone elses. Trust me, I have now heard it all. However, I am working 50 hours a week, going to school full time and doing my damn best to be a responsible adult and father. While this may not fit into your vision of what life should be, I am fully proud of myself. Life is not about being the best, but doing your best. If you can give me honest advice on how I can be a better person and father, by all means I will take it. If your just throwing out your own closeminded opinion on what you want for your children, once again, Go f*ck yourself.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Crossfire:

I'm sure Sling meant it in no disrespectful way. Nobody here would tell you you should have walked away from your child, but rather you should have avoided having it to start with by "protecting" yourself. I agree with him it should be a difficult time having a child when your 21. I'm almost 10 years older with a degree, a master, a residence, and I still don't think I'm ready for a child!

I admire you for working, studying and raising a child, I really, really do, but I would have kicked my kid's ass as well if he got his girlfriend pregant at 21. I would have supported him 110%, but you bet I would have kicked his ass anyway ;)

And I agree with him as well regarding the gun. You're young, full of testosterone and full of anger as your posts show, and you'll hurt someone for looking "cool". As a responsible 21 year old father, getting rid of a gun you bought for no reason should be your first priority.

Best of luck...

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Good luck with it all Crossfire. I think Xamillo is correct that Sling wouldn't have meant anything disrespectful. I agree with the comments about the gun. Get rid of it.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Good to hear that things are proceeding. Don't get too excited you ain't Beaver Cleaver, things are different.

Keep the gun, just keep your bullets under control.

Math/Science is a good choice, see if you can get a golf coaching gig to go along with the classroom duties.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
While irrelivent, I feel it should be known to you. I am not a religious person, nor conservative. Unless youve been confronted while being young about being a father, you really cannot understand. I spent atleast a week crying, not knowing what to do. Trading my "life" for having a child. I then realized that "wasting" my life is exponentially better than ending or neglecting someone elses. Trust me, I have now heard it all. However, I am working 50 hours a week, going to school full time and doing my damn best to be a responsible adult and father. While this may not fit into your vision of what life should be, I am fully proud of myself. Life is not about being the best, but doing your best. If you can give me honest advice on how I can be a better person and father, by all means I will take it. If your just throwing out your own closeminded opinion on what you want for your children, once again, Go f*ck yourself.

While I think Sling was just throwing his hat into the ring of opinions, when you post randomly like this on a public forum. You also put yourself into the situation that has arisen, just like everyone else does. If you're proud of what you've accomplished, fantastic. But repeating yourself against someone's else opinions like this isn't going to win you many friends here.

If you want my advice, enjoy what you have right now. Bragging about it certainly isn't the way to go. I don't envy you, but I can respect what you're trying to do.

R35

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I was expressing feigned outrage. :)

21 is too young to be having babies and it is also too young to realize it.
Let me know how you're making out 5 years from now. By that I don't mean life will suck but you may be thinking you should have done things a little differently.

However, since we cannot alter the past, good luck with the little one!

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I'm with Sling on this one. To me, having a child now would sacrifice everything I wanted to do, or might want to do, in life.

But desire is personal. If you want to have a child, then you're doing the most logical thing for your life.

If you have a child you don't want, you're destined for a life of resentment and obligation. Not where anyone wants to be.

If this is what you want, Crossfire, I support you. It certainly isn't what I would want for myself, but life is personal.

🔥 Latest posts