• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello all

joshtpa

Jul 7, 2008
I am new to the boards. After having it out with a different board I was told by all of the members over there to give this one a try, as it is much more relaxed. So here I am.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Welcome, & should we all try & guess which other board it was?? Does it have the word "trap" in the name?

OP
joshtpa

joshtpa

Jul 7, 2008
I wont give out any info and no I was not misbehaving. I just dont really need to be a part of a dictatorship. I thought that was not the way of the world anymore. Im all for sarcasm, but when the "leader" wants to do nothing but put down the young kids on the board that is when me as adult decide to leave. Im still in good standing there with good rep, but just not for me.
But enough about that trainwreck. Im glad to be here.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Welcome to Shottalk. Nice shoes...

Does the tpa in your screen name mean Tampa? If so, let's get together for a round. As long as you don't mind playing with a semi-sarcastic semi-hacker, that is...;)

OP
joshtpa

joshtpa

Jul 7, 2008

Does the tpa in your screen name mean Tampa? If so, let's get together for a round. As long as you don't mind playing with a semi-sarcastic semi-hacker, that is...;)

It does mean Tampa, and I wore those shoes to play today. I play mainly at Westchase, as that is where Im a member. Anytime you want to play, let me know.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Welcome, & should we all try & guess which other board it was?? Does it have the word "trap" in the name?
My IP adress was "blocked" in such forum after I told the web master I thought his titleist irons were absolutely horrible looking and pointing out some obvious educational issues :D

Glad to have you here mate. You'll enjoy your stay for sure :thumbs up:

OP
joshtpa

joshtpa

Jul 7, 2008
Thanks. Like i said, I am a member there in good standing, I have the same screen name. Just dont care so much for the dictatorship.

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
Howdy Josh.

I'm about fed up as well. I can't handle people who like to dish it out, but can't take it.

Freakin' condescending attitude and revisionist tendencies.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Welcome both of you!

Techincally a web forum IS a dictatorship as the creator/admin have 100% of the vote on what happens, who stays, who goes, and doesnt need to justify any of his/her actions. However, if they want their forum to be very popular its much more inteligent to run the forum like sling does.

You will like it here, the admins are great and arnt just here to moderate, they are very much into most conversations and feel much more like members than just mods.

Just watch out for that canadian boy-mod rockford35...he gets his panties in a wad every know and then :D jk

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Welcome aboard the board, lol. Welcome to Shot Talk Josh and Harry. As has been said, you'll like it here. This is the only board I'm on, this was the 1st one I found, and I've seen no reason to seek out another.

Now, that out of the way, what do ya'll have to sell or want to buy? :biglol:

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
Now, that out of the way, what do ya'll have to sell or want to buy? :biglol:

Sorry M-Dub, my bag is set.

At least until the PING S57s come out, and then we'll see.

Or until the Scotty Studio Select comes out in a Newport 2.5 style, or better yet, the proto that Charlie Wi was playing last weekend (bent shaft, no hosel Newport 2) .

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Welcome to Shottalk!

Warning: He is full time sarcastic! ;)

Actually, Eracer is a great guy..you should definitely take him up on this offer!

Welcome both of you!

Techincally a web forum IS a dictatorship as the creator/admin have 100% of the vote on what happens, who stays, who goes, and doesnt need to justify any of his/her actions. However, if they want their forum to be very popular its much more inteligent to run the forum like sling does.

You will like it here, the admins are great and arnt just here to moderate, they are very much into most conversations and feel much more like members than just mods.

Just watch out for that canadian boy-mod rockford35...he gets his panties in a wad every know and then :D jk
Now eclark, you know darn well that if this place were a dictatorship you, me, and Eracer would've been banned long, long ago! :laugh:

🔥 Latest posts