• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello from Florida

monzter

Aug 7, 2008
Hi all,

Just picked up the game about 3 months ago and I am HOOKED! Been playing once a week now for the past 5 weeks (snuck 2 rounds in this week). Just started taking score the last 3 rounds and have shot 122, 120, 115 (shot a 50 on the back 9 though!).

Love the mental challenge that the game provides and can't wait to get better. Currently using some cheapy RAM irons I picked up at sports authority for $45 while I build my skills and improve (using a Cleveland HiBore XL driver that I love though).

great forum.

Rob

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Welcome to Shot Talk Rob. There are quite a few members from Florida, (not me), so you'll fit right in.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
You mean there is a part that isn't? :D
Not in December, when the rest of you are just dreaming about golf...
icon12.gif

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
It actually gets quite cold in January. Daily highs hover around the high 50's/low 60's for a week or so requiring a wind breaker out on the course that week and you all know how a windbreaker can ruin your game. :D

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Even summer isn't too bad. I teed off at 7:00am today, and I didn't really start sweating bad until 7:10.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Even summer isn't too bad. I teed off at 7:00am today, and I didn't really start sweating bad until 7:10.

I hear you Eracer, Mississippi isn't any better in the summer. I broke a sweat Saturday morning walking to the truck to drive to the course.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
ualtim said:
It actually gets quite cold in January. Daily highs hover around the high 50's/low 60's for a week or so requiring a wind breaker out on the course that week and you all know how a windbreaker can ruin your game.

OMFG...50's and 60's???? lol :rolleyes:

We fill up the swimming pools at those temps up here...thats shorts and Tee shirt weather my friend. :D

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Eracer, where do you play?
My regular group plays every Sunday. We get the discount e-mails from www.teeofftampabay, and play these courses mostly.

Cove Cay
The Eagles
Westchase (when they fix it)
Sherman Hills
Heritage Isles
Rocky Point
Rogers Park

I've played pretty much every public course in the Tampa Bay area.

I like going up to Hernando County as well. World Woods, and some of the other courses up there are a lot of fun. El Diablo is an amazing course. I definitely want to get back there again.

I don't know much about Orlando golf, but I have played Champion's Gate, Orange County National (probably my favorite place within an hour, along with World Woods,) and a couple of other courses in the area.

How about you?

Bulldog

Let the Big Dog Eat
Aug 8, 2008
Bloomingdale, All 4 of the Sun City Center Courses, Pebble Creek, Avala, TPC Tampa....

🔥 Latest posts