• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello from Sunny California

johnnymo

Jun 18, 2010
Hi Guys and Gals,

My name is John and have picked up golf again after not playing for roughly 7 years, school and other things took precedence. I was about an +18 years ago and that is about where I am at now, but as I get back into the swing of things I am sure I can whittle that down.

Like I said in the title I live in California, but more specifically Sonoma County in Northern California. I had a pretty successful run on the men's tennis team at Sonoma State University and loved the area so much I stayed after school was all done.

Fun fact: I am naturally left handed but have always played golf right handed.

john

OP
johnnymo

johnnymo

Jun 18, 2010
Thank you for the warm welcome.

Tennis can be quite expensive especially for people on the top end of the ability spectrum. A novice can get by with one quality racquet, usually $100-275 a frame, and probably a string job or two a year. At open level play it can get pricey. When I was playing for SSU I had a rotation of about 6-8 racquets and was getting about a set and a half out of non practice quality string. Frames would last about 4 months or so. I did all my own stringing though and was able to get my frames at cost through programs that the companies offer to teams.

There is a decent amount of customization on the frames mainly using lead tape to get the weight right as most sticks are usually way to light off the rack. The pro's frames are unreal in the amount of time put into them and most just play a frame that is painted to look like the retail version. Most of the play in regards to customization is done with the strings and it could probably be compared to how golfers will try different balls.

john

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.