• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello from Texas

B

breadwinner

I just wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself. My name is Adrian. I live in Arlington, TX , I'm 25 yrs old, married, no kids, but we do have a mean Yorkie (Yorkshire Terrier) dog that seems to bite me quite often.

I have been playing golf for about 5 yrs now. I am about a 14 handicap right now since I haven't picked up my clubs in 6 months due to my business. I did start playing again 2 weeks ago and I feel like I'm alive again for the first time in 6 months. My goal is to break 80 for the first time and to get my handicap down to a single digit this year.

I play with Mizuno MP-30 muscle back irons, cleveland SW & LW, Taylor Made 3W, Taylor Made 540 9.5 Driver, & my favorite club Mizuno Fli-Hi 18degree Utility Iron.

Its great to meet everyone!!!

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Welcome breadwinner...

What courses do you play in the Dallas area?

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Welcome breadwinner.
Me too, at the start of each season, I feel alive. Really nice feeling :)

BTW, MP30 aren't muscle back irons, they are blade cavity baacks.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Welcome breadwinner. Good to have another Texan on board. I live in the Hill Country near Austin.

You can probably guess what kind of dogs I have.

OP
B

breadwinner

Bravo said:
Welcome breadwinner...

What courses do you play in the Dallas area?

I mostly play Tierre Verde, Waterchase, Tangle Ridge, Praire Lakes (Grand Prairie Muni), Sugar Tree. I grea up 2 miles from Prairie lakes so I played it alot. I really like Waterchase. Where do you play?

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I am in Alabama - Birmingham...

I have been to Dallas many times but have never played there. I know there are some super courses in the area.

Also I have a cousin who lives in Carrollton, another one in Richardson and my sister-in-law lives in Plano.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
how do you texans take the heat in the summer?

i did my basic in fort bliss swore i would never go back to that state again.so of course i ended up in fort sam for ait.that was absolutely the last time i set foot in that state.unfortunately last memorial day my company had me go to fort hood for 3 weeks for work. its like 85 at 6:30 in the morning.start sweating the min. you walk out the door.way to much heat for me.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
goatster said:
how do you texans take the heat in the summer?

i did my basic in fort bliss swore i would never go back to that state again.so of course i ended up in fort sam for ait.that was absolutely the last time i set foot in that state.unfortunately last memorial day my company had me go to fort hood for 3 weeks for work. its like 85 at 6:30 in the morning.start sweating the min. you walk out the door.way to much heat for me.

It's something you get used to. I feel the same way about winter that you do about the heat.

It is much worse in East Texas because of the humidity. I lived in Houston for 12 years and summers there are brutal. I live in the Hill Country now and even though it gets hot the humidity is much lower.

I play all summer and tee off sometimes when it's a 100. I carry a cooler with bottled waters and sometimes go through as many as six bottles in a round. For me I'd rather have the heat and play all year than have snow and ice.

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Or you could move to the Pacific Northwest (or better yet, the Lower Mainland in Canada) and have playable weather almost all year, almost never too hot, very rarely too cold, a little moist but that lends to year round natural beauty.

Yep...best place on Earth.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.