• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello gents, I have returned...

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Well, this thread should nearly be in the "now on the tee" section, it's been so damn long since I've been here. Not sure where I was at since I last posted but basically put I've joined a new club (my local), dropped the handicap a bit (plus Aus has moved to the USGA handicapping system) and made a few little tweaks to the arsenal.

Having a lot more fun with my golf lately, not getting so up tight over the bad shots and really starting to hit the ball well (havent shot in the 80's since August last year).

The change to the KBS Tour 6.5 shafts in the AP2's has been the greatest decision I've made with my game, and although I'm only at 46% for my GIR this year, my new club has small greens and my misses are a lot closer than they use to be, hence my 65% Up 'n' Downs. Also the WhiteBoard in the FT-I LCG has improved my driving accuracy tremendously.

But enough about my game, just good to be back on here and catch up with all you guys again. Look forward to talking crap with you all again.
Cheers
LH

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Glad to see you back around Nick! I was wondering what happened to you. Glad to hear your playing well also! I haven't played much lately, mainly due tomthe 50 or so inches of snow we got over the winter,LOL!

How do you like those CER wedges in your sig? I bought a 52 & 56* last summer and am very happy with them!

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Sounds like you'll have to give me a couple more shots when we play the 1st International ShotTalk Lefty Championship.

Kevin

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Hey mate!
Great to have you back....

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Hey LH, so your season is drawing to a close, as most of us are to kick off? How was the summer, weather wise? And what is your 'Cap now?

OP
LeftyHoges

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Thanks for the welcome back guys, good to see the same familiar faces around!!!

Glad to see you back around Nick! I was wondering what happened to you. Glad to hear your playing well also! I haven't played much lately, mainly due to the 50 or so inches of snow we got over the winter,LOL!

How do you like those CER wedges in your sig? I bought a 52 & 56* last summer and am very happy with them!

Yeah Sorry Jim, I meant to get back to you re: the shoes and clean forgot. They arrived safely obviously. Many, many thanks again for that. The CER's are pretty good actually. First wedge where I've actually been able to put some serious work on the ball. Starting to wear a little now though as I've had them for around 18 months. Unfortunately they don't come in LH anymore, so I'm having to look around for some new wedges. The Cleveland CG15's are appealing, but I liked the fact that I had a couple of component heads in my bag... I'm torn... :)

Hey LH, so your season is drawing to a close, as most of us are to kick off? How was the summer, weather wise? And what is your 'Cap now?

We're actually just starting to kick off now IG. For some stupid reason golf is considered a winter sport in Oz. Probably because it's 40+ friggin' degrees in summer I suppose... May have something to do with it... Actually this summer has been one of the wettest on record. Don't know how much TTR has said but we've had major flooding in Queensland and Victoria, and plenty of rainfall to help the farmers. Almost to the point of too much rain, and some crops have been ruined. Interesting times after nealry 10 years of drought.

The first two qualifying rounds of club championships were last weekend (not the one just been, the one prior) and quarter and semi finals are this coming sunday. District championships were held the sunday just gone (I shot 81, 76 so there goes my streak of no rounds in the 80's gone :-(, still managed 13 in a row which is no mean feat but very disappointed. I wanted to make 20) and then we play a few tournaments before Pennant in May and June. Then back to a few more tournaments before things start to wind up in October / Novemberish depending on how dedicated you are.

My handicap is administered by Golflink in Australia, which is the link in my signature (containing previous rounds from up to 4 years ago if you hit the dropdown box). Currently sitting at 2.6 and have 5 more rounds under the "new" system to get lower before previous counting rounds drop out. I assume the UK is still based on our old system and not the US model?

🔥 Latest posts