• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hello New Golf Friends

Iceman

Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2017
Country
Canada Canada
Just joined up today. I live in the Niagara region of Ontario, Canada. My golfing background is quite extensive. Started playing when I was around 8. Dabbled with it in my teen years and started taking it seriously in my early 20's.

My golfing hero's were Jack Nicklaus growing up but then started becoming more and more of a Ben Hogan fan the older I got. I have only ever played Hogan irons and then became more interested in him when I read the best instructional book ever written.....5 Fundamentals.

I have an extensive working and playing background. I worked in the golf industry in many capacities for close to 15 years. I was an account rep for two national distributors in Canada, got my teaching license through the CGTF (Canadian division of USGTF) and ran junior programs for a number of summers. I also worked for a major retailer for 3 years.

Before I got married I was a golf addict and worked hard on my game. I am self taught and got my handicap down to just below 1 at my best. I played a bit on local amateur tours hoping to get those last shots shaved off my game to turn pro. That never happened.

I love talking and working with equipment. My next golf goal is to become a more proficient club builder. I know a lot about it but don't have the equipment to move forward. Hope to get some insight from the more experienced people here and just talk about the game we all love.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
old people and Canadians.....it just won't quit! :D

Welcome to Shottalk!!!

If you're looking for really good golf talk....you may have to talk to yourself around here....most people here just buy clubs and put them in their basement. I'm personally really bad at golf, haven't bought clubs for at least 3 years I think, and only play about 10 rounds a year if I'm lucky! Great group of guys here though...we have a good time. Untill SSSmokin shows up....

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Another god damn Canadian.
"Grow the game" they said. "It's better with more people" they promised. Yeah now look where that's gotten us.
rolleyes.gif

:D

Thanks for joining, Iceman!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Welcome dude! Sit back, grab a drink, and watch the show. Looking forward to your insights in some of our equipment threads, and we always like to see pics of places you've played.

Oh yeah, no matter what he says, eclark is my bitch. :D

🔥 Latest posts