• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help! Accuracy Improvement Product

In5ight

Jan 19, 2010
Hello,

We are a group of students researching a new product which could significantly improve the accuracy of golfers.

Initially designed for US Army sharpshooters, our product has already shown a remarkable reduction in training time required to achieve expert status. By helping train shooters' pre-shot concentration level, our product has been proven to improve marksmanship accuracy by up to 30%.

Initial studies around applying this technology to golf have shown great promise. We are therefore currently seeking feedback from the golf community before we release this product to the market. Please help us customize our product to meet golfers' needs by completing our short survey below.

Take the survey

We would be happy to respond to any comments or questions you may have. Thank you very much for your time!

Note: We are NOT currently selling any products. We simply want to solicit feedback.

OP
I

In5ight

Jan 19, 2010
Hello. This is just to clarify some questions that were raised:

1. Who are you? What does "ucla" in the URL link stand for?

We are a team of five UCLA MBA students, collectively we call ourselves In5ight Consulting. As part of our thesis work we are researching a new technology with potential applications for golfers.

2. Can you pay me for taking the survey? Is there a reward? etc.

Sorry, we can't pay you for your feedback as we're students.

3. How much does it cost?

We're glad to hear you're interested but we are NOT selling a product. We are only soliciting anonymous feedback from the golf community about a product concept. We'd like to hear your thoughts on the technology and whether you think it would be useful/helpful to you. We greatly appreciate your feedback.

Thanks!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
It's okay Wi. I've already reported the spammer.

OP
I

In5ight

Jan 19, 2010
Hi Wi-Golfer, TheTrueReview

These questions were asked on another forum where we asked for help. We figured similar questions would come up here.

We are not spammers. We are a group of five UCLA MBA students who could really use some help from golfers such as yourself. The survey is completely anonymous (email is optional) and as stated in the post we are not selling anything. We simply want to gauge golfers interest in this type of technology. As part of our thesis project we are working with an outside client who has developed the technology for the US military and is interested in potentially commercializing it for sports markets such as golf.

Please let us know if you have any other questions/concerns. Thanks!

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I'll clue you in. none of us here gives a shit about your survey & we have no questions. Why not go to THP or the Sandbox & peddle your crappy survey? Have a great day.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Ok, I decided to go ahead and read the survey. I did it consciously, objectively, and I have to admit I got one very good conclusion from it:

From every product I have ever seen to improve my game, the Advanced Peak Performance Trainer would be the LAST EVER product I would think on buying. I would really really prefer to buy "Jean Claude Van Dame's Guide to Perfect Putting" or "Cinderella's Magical Driving Gadget" before I even take a look at the APPT.

Really mates, I swear I'm not being rude. I really think the product sucks big time, and you five should sit down and re-think your idea and your product. UCLA is one of the best places to study in the U.S. Please don't ruin its reputation with such a non-sense product.

For all the shot-talkers here I recommend you to follow the survey so you can have a look at the product. I can assure you you won't be disappointed, since you'll burst into laughs after seeing it....

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
That thing is friggin hilarious.

Xam, the school is UCLA Anderson...not the UCLA you are thinking of.

OP
I

In5ight

Jan 19, 2010
Xamilo, thanks for taking the survey. We appreciate the feedback, be it positive or negative. Our objective is to learn as much as we can about various golfers’ thoughts and perspectives on this technology.

The picture of the product in the survey is of an early stage prototype, the final version may be designed to be discreet (if this is an issue). Some thoughts include making the product sleeker and to possibly integrate it into a cap or hat. On the other hand, we've noticed that golfers do not seem uncomfortable wearing motion capture vests during training (or at least they haven't openly mentioned this to us).

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I'll clue you in. none of us here gives a shit about your survey & we have no questions. Why not go to THP or the Sandbox & peddle your crappy survey? Have a great day.

... We appreciate the feedback, be it positive or negative. ....

I've quoted Wi-Golfer's feedback because that's the best advice you can receive. Take the advice. Please.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.