• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help choosing new ball

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
The Black Max is worse than the b330,one good wedge and half the cover stays on the club

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Srixon Hi-Brid Tour (3 piece ball) does it for me at the moment (in competition play) - I read somewhere that Srixon are the world leaders in golf ball development. They have a rubber industry parent company in Malaysia (I think) which is solely dedicated to R&D'ing golf ball innovation. They lead and others follow - in saying that it doesn't mean their premium ball is any better/worse than the others.

I had 6 dozen pearl balls shipped to me last year from Canada of all places, I didn't think they had enough good weather to lose that amount in a year !! :D

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
dave. said:
The Black Max is worse than the b330,one good wedge and half the cover stays on the club

I guess I don't hit good wedges, cuz I don't seem to have a problem with that either.

You do know that it's illegal to glue 100-grit carbide sandpaper to the face of your wedges, right?

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
dave. said:
Andy,stop having a laugh:)

A Z-URS is longer than a ProV1,and what on earth are you on about,I need a Prov V1 to stop a ball?! In Yorkshire?! I could stop a Molitor even in summer

I play one ball,a Srizon,and if,and I mean if,they greens get ROCK hard I may go to a softer ball in big comps with tough pins.

The Pro V1 is a great ball,but I prefer the length from the Z-URs and the reduced spin around the greens.

Where abouts in Yorkshire are you from? There are plenty of cracking looking courses in and around Yorkshire. I work for AMBS on the Yorkshire bank contract and see what look like cracking courses all over the place. I fancy playing Moortown (Leeds) this summer at some point it hosted the Ryder cup a while ago apparently. What courses do you recommend?

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I haven't played enough Black Max balls to have an opinion. I pretty much play Maxfli and love the ball. I will say that I played the Rev Tours for the last three rounds which I believe was replaced by the Black Max. They are definately less durable than the A-10 solid which I have played for over a year. If I did not go through balls so fast, I would probably be pretty disgusted with how little durability the ball has on normal use. However, since I am lucky if a ball last me 5 holes on my home course, I will simply say that I prefer the Rev Tour over the A-10 Solid, and they actually seem to last longer than the A-10 before they find a new home in the woods. This may be the reason I notice that they are definately less durable. It is also the first 3 piece ball I have played for more than 1 round, so I don't know if this is a trait for 3 piece balls.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Manchester

I live just south of Wakefield,and play at Waterton park.There are many,many great courses in Yorkshire,to many to list,my fave is Fulford,where Langer climbed a tree.Come over and play Waterton anytime you like,I will sign you in.6200,6500 or 6900,you can choose what tees to play off.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
dave. said:
my fave is Fulford,where Langer climbed a tree

Classic picture (remember Dunlop Maxfli used it in an ad? The last time Langer used a DDH, he won the Benson & Hedges, the first time he didn't.....)

Classic player (close to Godlike, except for the fact that he's a German...)
langer.jpg

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
IrishGolfer said:
Classic picture (remember Dunlop Maxfli used it in an ad? The last time Langer used a DDH, he won the Benson & Hedges, the first time he didn't.....)

Classic player (close to Godlike, except for the fact that he's a German...)

Yeah IG one of the best ever - the most reliable golfer in his day, life or death situation Langer was the man you called upon.

Always remember Ballesteros' comment after Langer misssed the putt in Kiawah Ryder Cup - if Langer couldn't hole it then it was an unloleable putt ..

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.