• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help hitting irons & woods off the tee

Bob

Mar 12, 2008
I can hit my Driver with some level of consistancy by teeing it up half the ball height above the club face. But I can't hit my irons, woods or hybrids with any level of consistancy off the tee. I hit these clubs better from the fairway.

I typicaly tee up balls for irons, woods and hybrids level with the club face, with the tee sticking up only about a 1/4 inch or less from the ground.

shouldn't I have more sucsess off the tee than the fairway? it's driving me nuts! What might I be doing wrong?

Unfortunatly the only driving range where I live has those horrible rubber tees and teeing it up from the grass is prohibited, so no practice for me!

-IceMan-

A good walk spoiled.
Mar 12, 2008
stick the tee in all the way so you only have the head above the ground. I hear ya with those rubber tees. When i hit the Irons off the tee that isn't almost on the ground, i get incredible loft, but terrible yardage.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Hit down and through the shot. A trick I use (don't tell Twofast) is to tee an iron up just in back of an old divot or at least a spot about an inch in front of my ball, inline with my target. I hit the ball and rip through the divot or spot on the throughswing, ball then ground. It helps to hit the irons solid on the par 3's.

🔥 Latest posts