• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

help hitting with iron.

brody

Sep 1, 2012
at range today and with my irons i hit the sweetspot most the time. it will go straight but to right. if i was to turn my body like you do with chip and the club face towards the target that goes towards the target and also sweet spot. what am i doing wrong if body is straight but goes to right? what can i do to fix it?

EHokie

They Like it When I Wag
Jun 24, 2008
Charlotte, NC
My guess is that your clubhead is following and inside-to-outside path and the clubface is open to match it. That would be the only way I can see it would fly "straight" (without spin) towards the right.

Realistically, you have already without one problem that hurts most beginners (I don't know your skill level), in that you don't come "over the top" or bring your clubhead on an outside-to-inside path.

Now you probably just need to find a way to get your clubface back to square at impact and you'll be hitting 'em long and straight!

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
My guess is that your clubhead is following and inside-to-outside path and the clubface is open to match it. That would be the only way I can see it would fly "straight" (without spin) towards the right.

100% correct. I'm so proud

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.