• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help me build the bag...

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
oh yeah , a true ho you are. next you should become a scotty ho. damn thatd be expensive lol.

I don't really care for them all that much. I went from 32ppr to nearly 37with that one, now back down under 31 with my 'ol KC2. I have a Tear Drop coming I might try doing a little homemade customization on.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Sounds like these are what you've been looking for. I know Mizuno are offering these as an option on any custom order of there MP range of irons as long iron replacements (like the Ping HL models). Their like a Hybrid for the good player & the biggest plus point of these is they have a forged face & they can be fitted for you, loft, lie, etc.

Loft? Now that would be a big plus. I'd like to cover the 3 and 4i with 1 club. It's a distance I'm not in all that often. I have a lot to work with clubwise though. Even with a SW I have 4 spots to cover Driver to 5i.

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
Loft? Now that would be a big plus. I'd like to cover the 3 and 4i with 1 club. It's a distance I'm not in all that often. I have a lot to work with clubwise though. Even with a SW I have 4 spots to cover Driver to 5i.

didnt you have a 23* md at one point?
why not:
Driver
4wood
19,23* sonartec md's
5i-pw
52,56, (maybe 60)
putter

Alphanumega

Sep 15, 2006
Oh, I'm not. I'm actually thinking more towards hybrids than woods or irons. I'd love to pick up the 4i of my set but think a 3i is better served with a hybrid. I would like at least 1 wood above the driver though, be it a 3 or a 4. 5i is 27* btw and I hit it well from just under 200, flat out carry. I'll pull the 5 and hit is as consistantly as 8 no problem. My question, I guess, is what will best serve my distances and playability from Driver to 5i.

Personally to solve my fairway metal issue, i use a cheap 7w, why because it is thin. Off the deck i honestly have a better chance hitting driver than the fairway woods. The way the thick fairway gear is being made does not help me since i tend to pick the ball, but thats just my opinion.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Well, I'd be more than willing to help, except that it would be all in vain given that the club selection we are given will be entirely different by next Spring.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
How about this fella from Rockbottom - I presume you have a shaft lying around that you could pop in?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SONARTEC-GO...QQihZ002QQcategoryZ115280QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think they make great shaping woods. I know if I was in the US I'd get it for that price.

Not sure I want to go with as high as a 17*. I have a 16* Royal Collection on my watch list. I hit an NP-99 in the shop, really liked it, even the stock S/X NV shaft felt awesome.

Also I have been hitting the MP-60 3iron a lot. The lead tape enhances it quite a bit. This club is so much fun to hit, I can rip off a sweet 10 yard draw and the flight looks so cool. I'm left thinking a 16-16.5* 4W, 19* Sonartec and a 3 and 4iron may be the way to go. Also looking into a TEE 4W, I hear they are pretty long.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Ok. The ho in me is getting the better. Where can I fit a TMTP 17.5* 5W into this mix? I'm going to pick the head up for $60-$70, depending on if I can work the guy down another $10. Shafting it with the 857ti. Maybe a 14* NP-99? On the other side of it? 21*hybrid to 4i?

🔥 Latest posts