• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help me Choose:

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Going to install midsize grips on my sticks, torn between Lamkin Crossline and Lamkin X10's. Cost is similar.

So? Thoughts?

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
The X10's seem to have better gripping power under moist weather...and they clean up easier as well.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
I believe the X10s have a little less taper as well, but I'm not sure.

brenmuldoon1

Jul 5, 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
Country
Check the weight of any grip you want to install before you decide - the weight of the grip will affect your clubs' swing weight. A lighter grip means a heavier swing weight and vice versa

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Check the weight of any grip you want to install before you decide - the weight of the grip will affect your clubs' swing weight. A lighter grip means a heavier swing weight and vice versa
I think that's why I like the midsize, they are about 10-12g heavier than my standard grips. They seem to help me from not getting so wristy on the take away.

brenmuldoon1

Jul 5, 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
Country
Big Jim - that doesn't sound right! You must be using the Winn Lite 26g grips as standard?? The heavier swing weight will typically bring in the bigger muscles - if I find a student waves the club around at the back, I will increase his swing weight to get him more "armsy" and less "wristy". Personally, I go for D4 on my irons and D6 - D8 on my wedges so I use 40 gram grips - if I go standard 51 gram grips, I get "wristy". Give it a try - with different swing weights, I mean and see which you prefer, it's fun and can improve your accuracy.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Big Jim - that doesn't sound right! You must be using the Winn Lite 26g grips as standard?? The heavier swing weight will typically bring in the bigger muscles - if I find a student waves the club around at the back, I will increase his swing weight to get him more "armsy" and less "wristy". Personally, I go for D4 on my irons and D6 - D8 on my wedges so I use 40 gram grips - if I go standard 51 gram grips, I get "wristy". Give it a try - with different swing weights, I mean and see which you prefer, it's fun and can improve your accuracy.

I currently play lamkin sting free cords, standard size, 48g. I put a lamkin crossline midsize on, 63g. The bigger grip and 15g added backweight in the grip changed the feel of the club completely.

🔥 Latest posts