• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help me spend my extra $70 at Rockbottom

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
I'll disagree strongly with that. With the modern iron set lofts you are talking about your most lofted club (PW) being 44-45°, plus low bounce. Greenside chipping is going to be problematic as well as under 100 yds. and in. Also, what are you going to use for bunker shots? A 44° PW with 4° of bounce?

I think even a beginner needs a gap wedge and sand wedge. A lob wedge they could probably do without.

I totally agree with your statement. I personally would've loved a sw, gw, when I was a 15 yr. old learning the game. Not nearly enough loft/bounce on a pw to learn good finess shots around the green.

I would absolutely buy the Watson wedges. I've always loved Adams clubs, I'm kinda suprised the only one I'm currently hitting is a driver.

OP
J

joe111

Apr 8, 2008
Ok, I appreciate all the advice so I think I will take a little bit of all of it. I think I will go ahead and get the wedge set, because for that price, it is not much more than just getting one wedge. I will hold off on a 3 wood and see how far I can hit my new hybrids because maybe that will be fine. And then once I get good at all this, I will work on a driver. Thanks again for all your help!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.