• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help on next cell phone choice!

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
I've had HTCs for a couple years...first the 5800 and now the Touch...which is nice...but browses slowly on the US Cell platform.

I really like the iPhone....but AT&T doesn't reach where I live.

Soooo.....

I have been looking at Sprint and the Palm Pre....cool looking setup and was about really to pull the trigger...and then I saw today that next week the new HTC Hero will be available on the Sprint network.

Reviews have been great...but this is an "Android" phone.

What the hell is that?

What are the Pros and cons of an Android phone vs a non? Can anyone provide input of HTC vs Pre?

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
check out the Samsung i8000 Omnia II. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

farscape7

Dec 18, 2008
android is a google "open" operating system as i understand it. t-mobile has some phones that use android on it if you want to check them out while you wait for the hero. if you go with the pre you will go with sprint. sprint works good for me.

SprintUsers.com Message Forum

the above link is the best place to ask phone questions on the sprint network that i know of or if i have a problem with sprint or need to find a deal with sprint. i pay $35 for 1300 min 200 text unlimited data, pick 3 and free weekends and after 8 weekdays (that is only part of my plan that sucks) so if you want to find a deal with sprint it pays big to watch that web site.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
As a Mac user I'm giving my biased and subjective point of view:

Get an Iphone!!!!!!

OP
indacup

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
As a Mac user I'm giving my biased and subjective point of view:

Get an Iphone!!!!!!

Like I said above, I wanted to...but only AT&T carries it and thet's not available where I live.

So thats why I'm asking here for alternate advice

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
I have Sprint and have pretty good coverage, haven't used a Palm phone since the Treo. I just got the Blackberry Tour and like it so far.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Is an unlocked iPhone that you can put a Sprint SIM card into an option? Can be pricey to buy an iPhone outright, obviously not knowing what contract options you have in the states I'd assume it would be pretty pricey given the AT&T monopoly but could be an idea.

Seriously, I FREAKIN LOVE MY IPHONE!!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online