• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help on Nickent hybrids

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Since it is doubtful I can 'ho the Cobra Baffler hybrids I want with Nippon shafts I am thinking of putting the Nippon 950 stiff shafts in my Nickents.

My normal irons are 1/2" over. What would the hybrid length be? Same as the equivalent iron length?

Will the 950 shafts fit in the Nickent heads? Do I have to order a certain size or some kind of adapter?

Obviously there is no rush for this information. Just something to occupy me during the long winter hibernation... :)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Graphite are 1/2" longer than steel in the same head.

For example, if the graphite is 41.25" playing length, the steel will play to 40.75".

The 950GH is a .355 tip. You'd need to shim the shaft to play in the .370 Nickent. You'd need these: http://golfworks.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_SHIM_A_cn_E_21 in .355 to .370. Then, just buy some .355 taper ferrules.

R35

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
So a hybrid with a steel shaft should be the same length as the equivalent iron... :)

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I've always thought most hybrids are too long just as most woods are too long. When I went to steel in my hybrids this past year I shortened them 1/2" from OEM normal length for steel and I hit them much better.

They swing and feel much more like long irons to me rather than fairway woods and I think that's why I hit them better.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
So back to the other question. Will I have to get an adapter or will these 950 shafts just drop in?

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Thanks R35. Sorry I missed the answer the first time. You know... senility... :D

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Since it is doubtful I can 'ho the Cobra Baffler hybrids I want with Nippon shafts I am thinking of putting the Nippon 950 stiff shafts in my Nickents.

Jerry, before you do that, why not consider a set of regular flex shafts?

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Ya, you forget things from time to time.

I'll have the ITRAX out some time next week. :prop:

R35<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

:biglol:

Jerry, before you do that, why not consider a set of regular flex shafts?

Wi-Golfer

The stiff Nippon 950 shafts in my S59 irons are "softer" then the DG reg flex I had in my G5 irons. And I want the flex to be the same through the irons and hybrids. I hit my S59 irons a club or more longer with the "stiff" 950 shafts then before. Check out the forums on the Nippon shafts in regard to flex. If you meant regular flex "graphite" shafts I want the hybrids to feel the same as the other irons, hence the steel shafts.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.