• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help picking a new 3wood shaft.

Dorkman53

May 17, 2005
Like many people, I like the fairway wood shafts to be a bit stouter than my driver shaft, for better control. In my experience, fairway wood shafts in the 70's to 80+ gram weights play better than simply using a lighter driver shaft. The best fairway wood shafts I've played were the Fuji 757 and more recently, the Ozik X Con 7. The X Con 7 has plenty of control, but it also has a nice smooth kick I haven't found elsewhere. Both are a bit pricey, but worth it, IMHO.

OP
Rafared

Rafared

Oct 25, 2008
Like many people, I like the fairway wood shafts to be a bit stouter than my driver shaft, for better control. In my experience, fairway wood shafts in the 70's to 80+ gram weights play better than simply using a lighter driver shaft. The best fairway wood shafts I've played were the Fuji 757 and more recently, the Ozik X Con 7. The X Con 7 has plenty of control, but it also has a nice smooth kick I haven't found elsewhere. Both are a bit pricey, but worth it, IMHO.

Thanks Dorkman53. In terms of weight I seem to be able to hit lighter shafts a bit better although my experience is limited. In an ideal world I'd be able to hit different shaft head combos and decide from there but in Ireland thats almost impossible.
I've never even heard of Ozik X Con shafts but I will check them out....
Thanks for the heads up.:thumbs up:

RC52

It's in the hole-ASSCLOWN
Mar 30, 2008
But I've hit shafts (Fuji 55HL) that launch the ball into the stratosphere every time, and shafts (ProLite Fairway) that put the fear of God into every worm on every fairway it's ever aimed at.

Eracer, i've had no problem with trajectory out the TM 200 steel that you sold me, but that thing is definitely tip stiff for a regular flex. I found some specs on it. 263 cpm... more than any other regular flex shaft out there. In fact its on the high end of most stiff flex shafts.

Dorkman53

May 17, 2005
Thanks Dorkman53. In terms of weight I seem to be able to hit lighter shafts a bit better although my experience is limited. In an ideal world I'd be able to hit different shaft head combos and decide from there but in Ireland thats almost impossible.
I've never even heard of Ozik X Con shafts but I will check them out....
Thanks for the heads up.:thumbs up:

Lighter shafts in the 60 gram range play fine off the tee, but I have better results with 70-80 gram shafts off the fairway. They seem to have better control, in my hands.

OP
Rafared

Rafared

Oct 25, 2008
Just wondering if anyone has experience of Harrison shafts and in particular the Mugen Prototype. It has been recommended to me by a Harrison fitter using information for a launch monitor session I had last year when getting fitted for my driver.

thanks in advance.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Just wondering if anyone has experience of Harrison shafts and in particular the Mugen Prototype. It has been recommended to me by a Harrison fitter using information for a launch monitor session I had last year when getting fitted for my driver.

thanks in advance.

I've never played the Prototype, but I've got a Harrison Mugen No Limit in a driver. Pretty sweet shaft, very stable but with some nice kick to it.

OP
Rafared

Rafared

Oct 25, 2008
I've never played the Prototype, but I've got a Harrison Mugen No Limit in a driver. Pretty sweet shaft, very stable but with some nice kick to it.

Thanks for the info mddubya. If I can get my hands on one I just might give it a go.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.