• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

help selecting new irons

ohfreeride

Dec 28, 2007
Im looking for a new set of irons for myself. Im coming from the original slingshot irons that where fitted for my father. He plays +1/2 and regular flex. Im to the point now where I would like to get my own set. I need stiff flex and standard length. My iron play is the strongest part of my game. I hit my 6 iron about 180. The weak parts of my game is off the tee and short game. Resulting in a index of 14. Im trying to get a set of irons that have a wide range of useablity as I improve my game and remove my over the top swing. Im also looking for alot of forgivness.Trying to bridge the gap between GI and player Irons I have formulated a list of the follow:

755 with dg s300
cg reds
x20 tours with dgs300
x tours
i10
s59
slingshot tours

please let me know any recommendations you have

fredcouplesfan

bring da lulz
Jun 4, 2005
Alot of people seem to like the i10's. With your handicap, I would say those would be a great fit for you. With that said try to demo as many clubs as possible before choosing.

eli_yates

looking to be scratch
Nov 19, 2007
wilson ci7. i promise you wont regret it. youll hit the ball further with them. just go to the wilson website and listen to what padraig says about them. they are almost blade like in appearance but have a slightly bigger head for mid handicaps. padraig was hitting them and was hitting his 6i 200 yards... he admittedly only hits his 6 iron 185 usually. so from that id say there is quite a bit of merit to those.

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
The 755s are a lovely set of irons.

Great feel, tons of spin and a little forgiving. They tick all the boxes that you describe.

Have a look and try if poss at the Apex Plus irons too. Some members here have them and speak highly of them.

Not having hit the others I can't say anything about them but they all seem the right type of iron, just try as many as poss and go with what feels best.

extremeVFT03

golfaholic
Supporting Member
Apr 22, 2007
Country
United States United States
i10s would work good for what you are looking for. i had a set for a week only thing i did not like was the feel. there no blade but there not supposed to be. but before you make a purchase please go and demo as many irons as you can. you owe it to your self to do so.

mishkaman

Dec 29, 2007
With your index try macgregor m685. Easy to hit and you can get them now for mid 200's. I have this set and I like it a lot. My index went down to 10 so I am getting MP60's.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.