• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help Wanted: Opening for New Commissioner Posted at LPGA.com

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
Embed from Getty Images

NEED A JOB? THE LPGA IS HIRING.

Seriously, I stopped by LPGA.com and noticed a "Commissoner's Search" tab on their site. I clicked and up popped the opening for a new commissioner to replace outgoing commissioner Mike Whan, who is headed to the USGA.

Executive search firm Spencer Stuart is leading the search. Here's the job description and contact information:
The Commissioner serves as the face and voice of the LPGA and, in concert with Board direction, leads the organization in all strategic business and management functions. The mission for the next Commissioner will be to continue the growth and momentum the LPGA has achieved. Beyond that, the next leader will work closely with the Board and our key constituents to set the strategy and vision for the LPGA; maintain and build new relationships with external partners; launch new, innovative ways for fans to connect with the LPGA; and attract more interest and support for our mission to provide opportunities for women and young girls to achieve their dreams in golf.

The ideal candidate will be:
  • A proven General Manager or senior executive (i.e. CMO) with a track record of success from a related sports, consumer or media enterprise.
  • Someone who has crafted winning partnerships and worked with his/her team to achieve outstanding financial results.
  • Someone who has leveraged “modern” marketing – ideally on a global basis – to build a compelling and an enduring brand.
  • And of course, someone who brings to the LPGA a sincere authenticity and passion not only for the game of golf, but importantly, for their broader mission.
If you are interested and would like more information regarding this role, please send your credentials to: [email protected].​

Source: Help Wanted: Opening for New Commissioner Posted at LPGA.com

🔥 Latest posts