• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help with iron selection

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
Hyundai but yeah I think I put up a pic or two, it's on it's way out though, I give it less than 6 months, speedo is broken, odometer is stuck, tranny fluid needs changing too often, and the back left suspension is starting to bottom out on every single bump.

Really want to get myself a '01/'02 3 series, for somewhere in between 3-4.5 k
You'll put your eye out.....

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Looking at the Nike Vapor Fly Pro iron set. Thinking maybe, 3/4" shorter than standard, 2 degrees upright, with Ozik Program 130 shafts,black and blue Golf Pride multi-compound grips with three wraps of tape. 5-gap wedge... what do you guys think?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
No real opinion on the Nike equipment. However, isn't 3/4" short REALLY short???? Ladies standard length is only about a 1/2" shorter than men's standard.

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
No real opinion on the Nike equipment. However, isn't 3/4" short REALLY short???? Ladies standard length is only about a 1/2" shorter than men's standard.
But the new equipment is all about an inch longer than my Clevelands. Even my RBZ irons are longer. So, instead of going an inch, I'll go 3/4", and see how it feels. I can still choke down a bit if I need. When hitting new stuff I was always to the inside or even on the hosel. Once I realized that it was longer, I choked down quit a bit, and I got it back into the middle of the face.

Also, thinking of going with Ozok Program shafts. I played one in a pw, and loved the feel. When I called to order my new irons, they said they won't fit because of the tip... but they come tapper or parallel, .355ñ or .370... anybody have an idea?

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
But the new equipment is all about an inch longer than my Clevelands. Even my RBZ irons are longer. So, instead of going an inch, I'll go 3/4", and see how it feels. I can still choke down a bit if I need. When hitting new stuff I was always to the inside or even on the hosel. Once I realized that it was longer, I choked down quit a bit, and I got it back into the middle of the face.

Also, thinking of going with Ozok Program shafts. I played one in a pw, and loved the feel. When I called to order my new irons, they said they won't fit because of the tip... but they come tapper or parallel, .355ñ or .370... anybody have an idea?
The Vapor Pro's are .355 TT according to Golfworks. You can get the Ozik Program in TT. Shouldn't be a problem to get them in there if it's an option for Nike.

OP
jhmeg2

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
So? I think I have settled on a new set of irons. I called Nike to order,with the shaft of my choice... they can't seem to find it. I give them the manufacturer's website, tell them on the phone, and I several emails what shaft I want... and they still can't figure it out. What is it so hard to find. Can anyone here find the white Ozik matrix HD Program tapper tip iron shafts?

🔥 Latest posts