• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Help with shafts.

knkwoodcrafts

Reaction score
Can someone tell me the difference between a RE AX 49 Stiff shaft and a RE AX 60 Stiff shaft? Both are "superfast" Is it only a weight designation? I'm looking to upgrade at least my driver, and possibly my three and five woods as well. I hit a taylormade burner with the RE AX 49 Stiff and really liked it.:usflag:

49 grams versus 60 grams, so just weight.

What about Mid-tip is that important? I'm really not excited about spending $300 on a driver. I'm hoping I can find a year old or newer used one.:usflag:

The 'superfast' reax shafts are garbage IMO, but the reax shafts found in r7's are much better. Why don't you go get fit for a decent shaft instead of settling for a stock shaft that probably doesn't fit your swing?

I can't really find any info on these, but some realistic guesses can be made. Obviously, there is a weight difference, only 10-15 grams, which is barely of any consequence. Secondly, it is reasonable to guess that the Reax 49 is designed to launch the ball a little higher than the 60. This is the case 90% of the time, as people who use heavier shaft are not looking for help launching the ball.

I doubt that the difference would even be perceivable. If you need to hit it higher, use more loft. Lower, less loft. Seems obvious, but we all get caught up in these shaft specs sometimes, and forget that A = A.

If you hit it and liked it, then go for it. How many balls did you hit with it? Was it inside on a monitor?

And like has been said already, and in a million other posts on here, most OEM shafts are garbage.

I hit the club twice on two separate days on the range. The first day I hit 35 balls. I was surprised that I didn't fade the ball at all, and I was getting between 275 and 300 yds total and about 265yds carry. The second day I hit about 30 balls on the range with similar results and then I used it for nine holes and again I had success hitting it straight and about 275-300 in the fairway. My old driver is about 23 years old (Spalding Tour Edition) and it has Dynamic Gold S300 shafts so you can understand where I'm starting from. I hit it about total and I only get about 245-250 ydas carry.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520