• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

HELP!!

A

alanbarker

I need your help. I use to play golf at least once a week and sometimes up to four times a week in summer. I got to an unofficial handicap of about 15 and was a member of a club. In March of this year I cancelled my membership due to planning a wedding and didn't play again until our Annual Golfing holiday in June where I was playing to about a 20 handicap. Since coming back from this holiday I have developed a slice that can only be described as EMBARRASING! I try and set up as I always have done but cannot seem to get rid of it! Any suggestions? I intend on going to see a Pro at my local range but in the meantime, any help would be much appreciated.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I need your help. I use to play golf at least once a week and sometimes up to four times a week in summer. I got to an unofficial handicap of about 15 and was a member of a club. In March of this year I cancelled my membership due to planning a wedding and didn't play again until our Annual Golfing holiday in June where I was playing to about a 20 handicap. Since coming back from this holiday I have developed a slice that can only be described as EMBARRASING! I try and set up as I always have done but cannot seem to get rid of it! Any suggestions? I intend on going to see a Pro at my local range but in the meantime, any help would be much appreciated.

Hi AB

Take a video of yourself and post it up here. Lots of guys willing to chip in with advice. But probably worth, as you already say, going to see a pro. Usually simple things like grip and alignment (feet, hips, shoulders) are the causes of such ailments.

Or take the Ho approach and "buy your way" out of it! :laugh:

Good luck.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
See the pro. It's probably a mulititude of things starting with a poor grip if you are slicing really bad. Any PGA certified pro should have you hitting it straighter in a few swings.

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
Has that wedding you were planning already taken place? It's a well documented fact that a man cannot do anything right after marriage. :laugh:

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Really need more info about ball flight without a video. Pull then slice---Straight ten slice----push then slice????

Alignment includes getting everything in line with club face. I find its easier to do with my hands low when address ball. Align with club face, hosel and grip of shaft. Then get body in there.

Video best but in mean time ball flight??????

Members online

No members online now.