• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Henrik Stenson Aims for Historic Double

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
HENRIK STENSON IS DAYS AWAY from becoming the first man to win the FedEx Cup and The Race to Dubai in the same season.

Ranked third in the world, Stenson doesn't have to win the tournament to win the Race and the bundle of cash that goes with it. But he does need to hold off his closest pursuers, Justin Rose and Graeme McDowell. The Swede leads Rose by 213,468 points. Ian Poulter, in fourth, also has a shot.

Henrik Stenson (Bootstrapper)​
In the meantime, Stenson, 37, has been resting his ailing wrist and trying to keep his cool. The DP World Tour Championship, the last leg of the European Tour playoff series, begins tomorrow at the Jumeirah Golf Estates (Earth Course).

"It's always one of the things that I would have liked to achieve in golf in Europe," Stenson said, "and growing up on the European Tour and playing here for many, many years, it would mean a lot to be the overall winner of The Race to Dubai.

"To be able to have a chance to do it together with winning the FedEx Cup is probably something I'm not going to have a chance to do again, and it's going to be hard for some of the other guys to have a chance to do it, as well. It's one of those that I really want it, but if you want something too much, that's going to make some trouble for you normally. It doesn't take Einstein to figure out that I want that to happen, but I have to put that aside and focus on playing the best I can with my circumstances and my game for this week."

[DP World Tour Championship field and tee times]

The top 60 European Tour players will tee off on Thursday. The elite field will not include Ernie Els, Sergio Garcia and Charl Schwartzel because the three Euro stars opted not to play in the mandatory two of three events leading up to the finale. Els was particularly vocal, calling the requirement "farcical" and "an absolute joke."

The Telegraph has reported that the European Tour is expected to drop the requirement in 2014.

Source: Henrik Stenson Aims for Historic Double

🔥 Latest posts