• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Henrik Stenson Climbs Out of Slump

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
By Alan Ewens

afarm6.staticflickr.com_5229_5831425774_fd7ce4ca2f.jpg
Stenson is back. (Bootstrapper)​
HENRIK STENSON IS THE LATEST BIG MOVER in the 2013 Race to Dubai and will return to his former “home” for the DP World Tour Championship, Dubai in November after the third top three Open Championship finish of his career.

Season’s earnings of €1,179,710 from 11 events, including the runners-up spot behind Open Champion Phil Mickelson at Muirfield, have moved Stenson up to fourth place in The Race to Dubai and with it a guaranteed place at the end-of season DP World Tour Championship on the Earth course at Jumeirah Golf Estates from 14-17 November.

It’s a spectacular return to form for the 37-year-old Swede who saw his career hit a slump after previously hitting the heights as World Number Four in 2009, the highest ranking ever by a Swedish golfer.

“I'm very pleased with my performance over the week,” Stenson said after finishing three shots behind Mickelson at The 142nd Open Championship. “I’ve got two third place finishes and now a second (at The Open) so we’re getting closer!

“I’ve made some great improvements this season and I’m really getting back to form. Mentally I’ve been in a good place all week but I still feel like I could up it a little bit and be a little bit more confident with my game. I’m going to keep on trying to put myself into these positions going forward, and hopefully we can close the deal in the near future.”

With seven European Tour titles to his name, as well as the 2009 Players Championship, Stenson is no stranger to the winner’s circle. The popular Swede, who spent many years living in Dubai, now has a family base in Orlando, Florida, and appears to be back to his best after free-falling to 230th in the Official World Golf Ranking.

“I found some form on the back end of last year,” he added. “It was great to be back in the winner’s circle at the South African Open in November. I’ve put down some long‑term goals with my game and worked hard at them, and as always, that pays off in the end.

“I've been moving up in the World Rankings and I’m still in a good spot. I have no points to defend for another six months, basically, so everything I add will either stay or make me go higher. I’m kind of looking at trying to get back into the top 15, the top 10 by the end of this year if I keep progressing. I can definitely see top 10 in the world. I wouldn’t say I’m that far off.”

Currently leading The Race to Dubai is England’s Justin Rose, the current US Open Champion, with Northern Ireland’s Graeme McDowell in second place ahead of exciting 20 year-old Italian sensation Matteo Manassero in third, just €170 ahead of Stenson.
Free tickets to the 2013 Dubai World Championship are available at www.DPWTC.com.
afeeds_feedburner_com__ff_ArmchairGolfBlog_90875f527880786621fd034e7fa2f873._.gif

Source: Henrik Stenson Climbs Out of Slump

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
It's a great story. He was down and out in the rankings and he managed to wrangle an invitation to the SA Open late last year. He won the tourney and that's where the resurgence started.

🔥 Latest posts