• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Henrik Stenson Eyes Race to Dubai

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
HENRIK STENSON IS THE MAN. FRESH OFF his double victory in Atlanta that lined his pockets with $11.44 million, Stenson will now set his sights on winning the European Tour's Race to Dubai. And yes, the Swede is currently in the lead.

EuropeanTour.com reported:
Henrik Stenson will aim to wrap up a magnificent season by winning The Race to Dubai after becoming the first European to win the FedEx Cup on the US PGA Tour. The Swede triumphed in the TOUR Championship by Coca-Cola to seal the FedEx Cup title and with it the US$10million bonus.

It was a fitting climax to a summer during which the 37 year old has climbed back to the sharp end of the Official World Golf Ranking and moved to the summit of The Race to Dubai.

Back to his previous career best as World Number Four, Stenson has also confirmed he will compete in all four events in the inaugural European Tour Final Series, a consecutive run of tournaments offering a prize fund of US$30.5 million and culminating in the US$8 million DP World Tour Championship to be staged on the Earth course at Jumeirah Golf Estates from November 14-17.​
First things first, though. Stenson will take a needed break.

"It was great to have a week off after winning Deutsche Bank, and now I've got a month off after winning these two trophies," he said on Sunday in Atlanta.

"It's going to take a little time for this to sink in. I'm going to be busy, I know that much. Phone's going to go pretty hot, I think. And then have some time to get back into get some good practice down before I head out to the BMW tournament in Shanghai there on the 19th of October.

"Yeah, I'm in a great position for winning the money title in Europe. Again, it's going to take some good play. I've got Justin [Rose] and Graeme [McDowell] chasing me down there. There might be another couple of guys by that time up there. So it's going to take some good play.

"I'm going to try my hardest to accomplish that. No one's won the FedEx and The Race to Dubai."

The Race to Dubai Leaders

1. Henrik Stenson, Sweden
2. Graeme McDowell, Northern Ireland
3. Justin Rose, England
4. Richard Sterne, South Africa
5. Matteo Manassero, Italy

Source: Henrik Stenson Eyes Race to Dubai

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.