• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Here's the Testimonial on the TVC Driver

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
We are not gonna be in GB....any chance ya can come down to MW???

Srsly? Not enough sales made last year? :(

I cannot make the Milwaukee show, I have class to go to. I might skip if a course opens up Friday though...

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
An example of technology and the real world colliding. ;)

Naysayer:prop:

It's quite apparent that marketing hyperbole will never match real world experiences. All the fancy terms can be tossed about day & night but that won't change facts. No way/no how is this club or any other from anyone...unless it's highly illegal...going to be consistently 10-15 yds further. If this material were the holy grail of clubs, somehow I think the big companies such as TM, Ping, Callaway, etc would have been utilizing it already.

OP
indacup

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Naysayer:prop:

It's quite apparent that marketing hyperbole will never match real world experiences. All the fancy terms can be tossed about day & night but that won't change facts. No way/no how is this club or any other from anyone...unless it's highly illegal...going to be consistently 10-15 yds further. If this material were the holy grail of clubs, somehow I think the big companies such as TM, Ping, Callaway, etc would have been utilizing it already.

This material IS that much better...but unfortunately as I have said repeatedly, THAT much more expensive.

The "Big Companies" so far have decided to spend their money on sponsporships and advertising.

Don't forget, this conversation has been repeated for ages......

So many concepts were created by the component industry, that you people said if it was "that good" why don't the big companies do it...

Examples?

Component industry was the first to introduce:

450cc heads
moveable weight ports
hi MOI
Square heads
graphite/carbon crowns
interchangeable shafts

and SP700 titanium face material

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Hi Rory

I thought I'd chime in here. I got a Renegade from you and couldn't wait to get it in action. I tested the hell out of it and did hit a few decent drives but by and large I soon lost interest. Maybe I never got it properly shafted up, but I felt much straighter and longer with my Maltby CT250 / Graman UL440.

The Renegade promised alot of roll, I found the opposite. I tended to ballon it with very little roll-out.

I don't want to be too negative as you are a great guy, with excellent customer service etc. And I love that you / TS are moving ahead with this project. It's fascinating reading, and it shows how passionate you are.

But I'd have to demo one of these first before dropping some $s on it. I don't doubt the superior materials used, nor the testing, but I drank too much similar KoolAid on the Renegade and it is currently gathering dust, with no resale value. At least with an OEM I can recycle it fairly quickly through eBay. You planning to make these available to test? I'd be happy to pay shipping.

And what's the answer on legality / shape? I don't think the Renegade ever passed USGA testing, did it?

Oh, and don't listen to Bob, sure he's a shit golfer!!!:D

IG

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I should have hit this while i was at the golf show....a bit dissapointed that you left saturday Rory!!! :D

Was on somewhat of a time crunch so i didnt wait to get on a monitor to try it out. The head looked good though.

I have my Renegade still in the bag...it works well for me. I do hit it a bit high for my liking but its very straight compared to my old driver.

OP
indacup

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
IG

first off, excuse any typos since i am responding from my cell phone...lol

The Renegade is a low spin, higher center of gravity head...when PROPERLY fitted, it isdesighned to displaythose traits.

The BB shaft is a very soft tip, low bend shaft...unless your swing leans more to the flatter side, you results would not be unusual for that bad/shaft combo

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Ok, I may be shit but at least I'm consistent.

I played a round today, one time the TVC beat the Geek by 5 yards, otherwise it was all even.

I'm sending this to the guys going to Tennessee for more testing.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Ok, I may be shit but at least I'm consistent.

I played a round today, one time the TVC beat the Geek by 5 yards, otherwise it was all even.

I'm sending this to the guys going to Tennessee for more testing.

Sweet! This trip keeps getting better and better....now if we could just get jeff's wife there....:emot-ange

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Sweet! This trip keeps getting better and better....now if we could just get jeff's wife there....:emot-ange
Why do you care? You're going to prison, anyway, for gun running. You'll probably wind up being some "Jeff's" wife! :biglol:

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I think indacup's taken too much grief for something he really believes in. Cut him a break until some of these get out and tested. :)

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I think indacup's taken too much grief for something he really believes in. Cut him a break until some of these get out and tested. :)

I agree "J", yeah a bunch of us bought the Renegade and maybe we didn't have the results we were looking for? But I can look off to my right at all the clubs leaning against the "Wall of Shame" and there is only 1 Renegade there. It is being kept company by TM's, Cally's, Titty's, Cobra's, ect........

My own failure with the Renegade is most likely due to the shaft that I speced it with.

I'm looking forward to giving Rory's newest offering a go in Tn.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country

I could somewhat agree with that if it weren't for the promises of how great the Renegade was. As of now I don't think any "independant" testing is going to sway Rorys mind nor those who have already decided it's rubbish.

OP
indacup

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
I could somewhat agree with that if it weren't for the promises of how great the Renegade was.

It was everything I said it was...I even TOLD people it wasn't for everyone...which is why there was an Xplode offering for those who wanted a different ball flight...just like Geek has the FailSafe and DCT....each designed for a different player.

As of now I don't think any "independant" testing is going to sway Rorys mind
I POSTED not only independent results done by an established golf chain...but our own numbers....using state of the art equipment...what testing do you prefer we use???

Remember, I own no stake in TourSwing...As I said earlier, I could and DO sell every mfg on the planet and make a bigger profit on all of the others because the cheaper mfg processes.

I could right now sell ANY Geek driver with a $300 Aldila shaft...retail close to $500 bucks for less than HALF that price...and make more money than off a single TS head....But I compromised my business needs to help what I thought were friends.

Don't wanna buy TS products or buy from me?

big Freakin deal...All I tried to do was give you guys something innovative...something NEVER done before.....this was the first time EVER a forum was able to make decisions on designing, naming, styling a head...from head to headcover....first time EVER...

And instead of thanks, I get pounded for it...and then my integrity called into question because a couple guys mis shafted a FREAKIN Renegade???

I guarantee that was the first and LAST time I ever invest my heart and soul into getting others involved and do the things they've wanted..

From here on, I wash my hands of everything.

Adios!

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I don't know why your being so petulant.

The TVC is a fine club. there was a time when the shape would have been considered odd but given today's design parameters it's positively normal looking. The ball goes straight and it goes far, what's wrong with that? It absolutely has to go 10 to 15 yards farther or you pitch a fit and hit the invisibility button?

The big problem, it seems to me is not the club but unreasonable expectations from the Renegade now trickling down to the TVC in the form of doubt based on past experience. I never hit a renegade so I cannot say anything about it but some others here obviously have and that is why you are getting static.

Your vigorous defense has not served you well either. I think in this case, less would have been more.

Nevertheless, the TVC is going to Tennessee and the guys there will have the last say. I'm certain an old hack like me cannot possibly do the TVC the justice that it obviously deserves.

Magnito

Apr 30, 2008
Rory and Tim posted facts about how poeple liked it and how many didn't... nowhere did they say that it was 10 -15 yards guarantee... they also stated being properly fit. Obviously they are excited about the numbers with this head and Rory has a great deal of passion for the new head... its what sold me on getting it, and not because I thought it was going to guarantee me 10-15 more yards. One thing is for sure, you can't please everyone. I don't know Rory, but in my opinion he was just sharing his enthuseam and the unique process of allowing customers input into the final product.

I would like to say congrats to Rory and Tim for putting out a high quality head, made with the best materials and design in mind... all at a price that's reasonable for what you get. And thank you for letting us have some input.

Magnito

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.