• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Here's the Testimonial on the TVC Driver

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I really need to get "The Hammer" reshafted. With a nice Proto I bet that thing would rock. Remember it has "zolex" which I saw on tv & read on the net that thru independant testing was really allowing folks to reach their maximum potential off the tee box:beach3:

Also may want to pick up some Enzyte or Maxiderm for sustained male enhancement.

Gotta love marketing bs.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
So I got my new TVC out to the range today (along with my MacGregor MT460, Integra Quadratic, and TM r5.)

First, I bought this club assembled from Rory with a Limey 540 (the chrome version)
Initially, I was slightly underwhelmed. As Bob mentioned, the headcover wasn't the sock headcover I was expecting and for whatever reason, when the clubhead had plastic on it, I couldn't really see what the smoked Ti finish looked like. It just looked kinda plain. It was also marked 9.37* loft which I was concerned wasn't enough for me. Lastly, it was assembled too long (I haven't measured it yet, but I'm guessing 45" or so) and I hate the grip (it's a GripOne)

So when I got to the range, I warmed up with some wedges, then 5 irons, then hybrids, then finally the r5 (my oldest driver and the one that has spent the most time in the bag) The swingspeed radar was set up once I started swinging drivers and I was pretty consistent in the 103-109 range today.

Wasn't hitting the ball badly, and the ball flight downrange was pretty much what I've come to expect from each of my other drivers. The 10.5* r5 with prolaunch shaft hits it high and straight and it lands with a steep angle of decent with no roll. The Quadratic is pretty good, but I don't get a lot of distance on mishits - it hits them pretty straight though. The Mac MT460 is good, but I have a tendency to leak it right (fight a hook with all the other drivers) - I can't help but think the 1* open face angle spec actually causes it (even though I've read it takes at least 6* to really impact ball flight)

Then I took the plastic off the TVC. It looks MUCH better without the plastic. The smoked Ti is sharp looking in person. It sets up behind the ball like a cross between the other clubs I was hitting - not as odd looking as the Quad (square) not as classicly shaped as the Mac.

First shot with it a little towards the heel but the ball flight was good, distance was as long as the other clubs I had just hit, sound was pretty nice, and the ball went straight at the 250 sign I had aimed at (maybe 5 yards right of it) - swing speed was at the low end of the range, but distance was right up there

My next shot with this thing I caught it right on the screws and it felt amazing - I was shocked as the ball took off and stayed there in the air - it then hit the ground just right of and past the sign I was aiming at - then the ball landed and kept going forward.

I hit a few more just like that and I actually thought to myself "silver bullet" after watching one of them take off rolling.

I was really pleased with the performance. Center face contact felt really sweet and mishits weren't harsh, but the club gave good feedback when you missed. I tried three shots with it off shorter tees with it and those were the worst shots of the day. On low face contact, distance suffered 30 or so yards and 2 of these were the only shots I hit with it that didn't go straight. (by straight, I mean between the telephone poles holding the net to the left and right behind the 250 sign)

I can say for certain that this is the longest driver I have ever owned. (I'm not too bad of a driver ho although I did have 4 at the range today) After opening the box and checking out the grip and the plastic wrapped head, I thought for sure I'd be ordering a Wishon 919 by the end of the month, but now having tried this thing, I can't wait to cut it down, get a good grip on it and get it into the bag with a sock style headcover. I may even pull the Limey and try a DVS in this thing since my swingspeed was consistently highest with the DVS.

I still have questions about the face design (VFT, not the material) , but this thing performed today. I'm really looking forward to seeing what some of you other guys have to say about this head.

Thanks Rory - I'm impressed and need to change the WITB in my signature.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Great review. I'm a little surprised they went el cheapo on something like grips.

Looking forward to the TN review.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I'm a little surprised they went el cheapo on something like grips.

In Rory's defense, I asked him to try some of the budget grips - I was thinking Sharpro or ProT, but this GripOne was in the same price range.

He also through 2 golf pride multicompound decades in the box even though I had only paid him for 2 sharpros

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Sounds interesting, now I'm really looking forward to hitting it in Tn.

Great review !

DblEgl

Mar 18, 2009
Well...I finally had a chance to hit a few on the range and then play 18 with the TourSwing TVC. The one I hit was a 9.5* actual loft (according to TS and was shafted with a TourSwing Avenger s-flex. It is too early to compare it with the 905R and J33R that I had planned, but I will say that I am impressed so far.

I agree with a lot of what Rick says below and would add that I really like the look of the smoked Ti face and was pleasantly surprised that the shape of the head was not distracting as I thought it might be. I have always gravitated towards 'classic' looking heads. Oh...mine is the solid black - not the 'fang' version.

The sound/feel is really good on any hit near the center of the face. As I said, it is too early to tell but several of the drives ended where I usually am....but the fairways were soft and didn't have much roll. So, I am hopeful that with roll added I should be on average longer with this than the other 2 drivers. It might be the shaft head combo as the 905R has a VS Proto in it. Anyhoo...the Avenger shaft feels smoother than the VS so far and may fit me better.... More to come when I have a better handle on comparing it on the range and course. So far - so good. :)

So I got my new TVC out to the range today (along with my MacGregor MT460, Integra Quadratic, and TM r5.)

Then I took the plastic off the TVC. It looks MUCH better without the plastic. The smoked Ti is sharp looking in person. It sets up behind the ball like a cross between the other clubs I was hitting - not as odd looking as the Quad (square) not as classicly shaped as the Mac.

First shot with it a little towards the heel but the ball flight was good, distance was as long as the other clubs I had just hit, sound was pretty nice, and the ball went straight at the 250 sign I had aimed at (maybe 5 yards right of it) - swing speed was at the low end of the range, but distance was right up there

My next shot with this thing I caught it right on the screws and it felt amazing - I was shocked as the ball took off and stayed there in the air - it then hit the ground just right of and past the sign I was aiming at - then the ball landed and kept going forward.

I hit a few more just like that and I actually thought to myself "silver bullet" after watching one of them take off rolling.

I was really pleased with the performance. Center face contact felt really sweet and mishits weren't harsh, but the club gave good feedback when you missed. I tried three shots with it off shorter tees with it and those were the worst shots of the day. On low face contact, distance suffered 30 or so yards and 2 of these were the only shots I hit with it that didn't go straight. (by straight, I mean between the telephone poles holding the net to the left and right behind the 250 sign)

I can say for certain that this is the longest driver I have ever owned. (I'm not too bad of a driver ho although I did have 4 at the range today) After opening the box and checking out the grip and the plastic wrapped head, I thought for sure I'd be ordering a Wishon 919 by the end of the month, but now having tried this thing, I can't wait to cut it down, get a good grip on it and get it into the bag with a sock style headcover. I may even pull the Limey and try a DVS in this thing since my swingspeed was consistently highest with the DVS.

I still have questions about the face design (VFT, not the material) , but this thing performed today. I'm really looking forward to seeing what some of you other guys have to say about this head.

Thanks Rory - I'm impressed and need to change the WITB in my signature.

🔥 Latest posts