• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

He's got the whole world in his hands...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Wow.

I bet i hit over 500 golf balls today, no foolin'.

My hands are pretty raw. I thought I had a pretty good callus built up (no jokes here, fellas, although the door is wide open :D )

I went to the range at about 1:30 to meet a friend whom i am playing best ball with tommorrow. We hit a bucket each and then practiced chipping and putting for at least an hour and a half. I headed out to another course to meet a second friend for yet another bucket (he's learning, and left handed, so it was slower bucket).

But man, that's alot of balls. By the end i was sore, but i was crushing my irons and my fairway woods like i never have. I can easily say that i am striking the ball as best as I ever have in my life.

But, i'm making a switch tommorrow. I'm playing the HX blue versus my tested HX red. I find i can drive it just as far, but control is a little better on my longer irons with it.

Am I insane or what? :eek:

R35

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Good God Man.

You are the White Vijay of the North.

No wonder you have the index you have....

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I didn't hit balls yesterday, had to make up for it. It's the only day since i was on vacation that i haven't hit balls or played.

I love practicing. Absolutely love it.

They have a hockey net set up at one of the ranges here. It's so Canada. It's not a welfare course either. But, it's something to hit 145 yard 9 irons to.

Top shelf, 9 iron. :p

R35

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Truly top shelf.

My nine maxes out at 130.

Must be the Atkins Diet.

buddha33

aka Dick Ramser
Aug 31, 2004
Unreal, Rock. You sound like you're on top of the world. Props!!!

BTW, thanks for the old school sunday school tune in my head. :eek:

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
king.jpg

Score low buddy!

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Does that mean i'm gonna die in a horrific shipwreck that is my game?

I saw that movie with my best friend, just the two of us, in a theatre full of women bawling their eyes out. The girl in front of me was hyper-ventilating. I asked her friend if she was ok, she said "Oh ya, we've seen it 4 times already."

Sorry about the tune Buddha. How about this:

"Lady in Reddddddddd, is dancing with meeeeee".

I'm such a stinker! :D

R35

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
No no... It's "I'm the king of the world !!!"

And Chris De Burgh rocks. Good idea Rock. :cool:

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
rockford35 said:
Wow.

I bet i hit over 500 golf balls today, no foolin'.

R35

I once hit 500 balls in a dream. I woke up the next day exhausted...

Jesus, Rock, are you tryin' to emulate Moe Norman? I don't think I have hit more than 50 balls in one day, ever!

I've never been one for the range. On that subject, to most people here in Ireland the range is an alien concept. Most clubs don't have the facility to allow people to warm up. If you do, you have to bring your own shag bag, hit them and go and collect them.

Sure there are driving ranges, few and far between, where you pay for a bucket of balls. Those places do well in Winter, as they are floodlit.

My warm up is usually a practice swing on th 1st, perhaps a stretch or 2 and a few putts (if I have the time).

Maybe Dave will back me on this one.

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
IrishGolfer said:
I once hit 500 balls in a dream. I woke up the next day exhausted...

Jesus, Rock, are you tryin' to emulate Moe Norman? I don't think I have hit more than 50 balls in one day, ever!

I've never been one for the range. On that subject, to most people here in Ireland the range is an alien concept. Most clubs don't have the facility to allow people to warm up. If you do, you have to bring your own shag bag, hit them and go and collect them.

Sure there are driving ranges, few and far between, where you pay for a bucket of balls. Those places do well in Winter, as they are floodlit.

My warm up is usually a practice swing on th 1st, perhaps a stretch or 2 and a few putts (if I have the time).

Maybe Dave will back me on this one.

Yep Irish that's the way we have it here too. We have a practice area, which is about twice the width of a fairway, about 200 yards long, and there's intermittent flags stuck in the turf. Bring yer own balls set up. Ya gotta hope that theres no-one other than yerself out tho, coz if yer a thrid of the way down the range possibly practicing PW/SW to makey up green and I guy arrives up top ready to crash a few 4 irons about the place, it definetely becomes a hard hat area.

Warm up routine for a fun round is usually arrive in car park 5 mins b4 tee time. Scamper up to the 1st (dogleg left) 200 to apex of corner, 3 warm up swings with 5 iron. This usually causes a twinge in the tendon on my left wrist at the back of the hand. So I settle over the ball, slightly out of breath with a dull pain in my wrist and expect to hit a nice high draw.... yer guess is as good as mine as to what will happen

Compy day and I'm there 45 mins b4 hand .... usually 30 mins on putting green and 5 mins hitting into the net (pointless excercise personally speaking).

Driving ranges to me are generally to help me maintain a good swing tempo. The range balls are usually solid but light, like a bar of soap golf ball ... but ya do happen upon da Beav there ... emm ... which is nice :D

🔥 Latest posts