• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Het rock did you know.

The master

Oct 24, 2004
I have been doing my reasearch on canada here are some facts you may know but here I go for everyones sake.

Canada's national animal is a beaver!

Canadas national colors are red and white!

Canada's two official sports are lacrosse and hockey!

Canada is second largest country on the earth!

Canada has the cheapest internet access on the earth!

Canada has the 2nd largest % of population on the internet!

Canada has the largest number of Candian citizens! Really!

Canada is known as Kanada in German, yes Kanada!

All these Canadian facts are facts by itself!!!

Here is a lovely picture of canada
winnipeg-canada-1.jpg

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
You've brought up nothing new.

How about these facts:

Saskatchewan is roughly 3 times the size of California, yet California as a state has more people than all of Canada combined.

Canada has over 25 diamond mines. We also supply the world with 90% of the world's potash supply.

Canada has the world's second largest fresh water lake.

Regina, Saskatchewan has the highest person to restaurant ratio in the world.

It also battles every year with the higest murder ratio in the country, about 6 a year. That's right, 6. You do the math.

Eastend, Saskatchewan houses the world's most complete Tyrannosauras Rex skeleton.

If I think of anything else, I'll post it.

R35

OP
T

The master

Oct 24, 2004
The most recent take is that the population is 32,507,874

Religions Roman Catholic 46%, Protestant 36%, other 18%

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
In think I feel enlightened.

No, wait, it was just a little gas. :p

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The master said:
The most recent take is that the population is 32,507,874

Religions Roman Catholic 46%, Protestant 36%, other 18%

And me, 1/32,507,874. :D

R35

OP
T

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Rock did you know that number 27 is the lucky number in the royal rumble.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Uh, no. I didn't.

I did know, however, that many golfers have superstitions about the numbers on there balls.

I, on the otherhand, just write "35" on them every morning after my shower. :D

R35

OP
T

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Some more interesting facts for you wrestling but clenching guru's.

Stone Cold has the most Royal Rumble wins with three.

Big Show is the only Superstar to be the last man eliminated on two occasions.

The luckiest number to draw is No. 27 as that Superstar has won four times.

Drawing No. 30 is seen as a huge advantage, but the Superstar to draw No.

30 has never won the Royal Rumble.

It is seen as a huge disadvantage to draw No. 1, but the Superstar to draw

No. 1 has won twice.

Tito Santana and Bret "Hit Man" Hart were the first-ever Royal Rumble participants.

"The Natural" Butch Reed was the first-ever WWE Superstar eliminated.
Jake "The Snake" Roberts recorded the first elimination in Royal Rumble history.

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
rockford35 said:
You've brought up nothing new.

Regina, Saskatchewan has the highest person to restaurant ratio in the world.

It also battles every year with the higest murder ratio in the country, about 6 a year. That's right, 6. You do the math.

R35

Sorry dude but Winnipeg is the murder capital of Canada for a reason. Not that it's a source of pride I'm just correcting your statement. :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
To my knowledge, doesn't Winnipeg have the most murders as a city in Canada, while there are a couple cities (Regina included) that battle it out for the "per capita" championship?

It seems to be a point of discussion here every spring as the numbers roll in. I mean, you very well could be right with Winnipeg as it is a shit-hole city (I lived there for almost two years, I have every right to say that ;) ). Regina isn't anything to shake a stick at either, but at least we can paint our houses another colour besides brown and grey.

Either way, being the murder capital of a country holds no bragging rights. Unless you're doing some of the killing, and in that case, please don't kill me. :faintthud

R35

Golfbum

THAT'S SOLID
Jan 14, 2005
MURDER STATS

Although these are not last years stats they are interesting.

PROVINCES AND TERRITORIES RANKED BY HOMICIDE RATE, 2003

PROVINCE/TERRITORY

PER 100,000

(1) Nunavut 10.21(2) Northwest Territories 9.55(3) Saskatchewan 4.12(4) Manitoba 3.70(5) Yukon 3.22(6) British Columbia 2.24(7) Alberta 2.00(8) Ontario 1.45(9) Quebec 1.34(10) New Brunswick 1.07(11) Newfoundland 0.96(12) Nova Scotia 0.85(13) Prince Edward Island 0.73

The 1990 homicide statistics for the murder rate for large Canadian cities: LARGE CANADIAN CITIES BY HOMICIDE RATE, 1990

CITY

PER 100,000

(1) Regina 4.72(2) Saskatoon 4.39(3) Sudbury 4.00(4) Edmonton 3.50(5) Vancouver 3.45(6) Montreal 3.40(7) Winnipeg 3.05(8) Calgary 2.60(9) Toronto 1.80(10) Hamilton 1.70(11) Halifax 1.25(12) St. John's 0.00

OTTAWA (CP) - The national homicide rate dropped to its lowest level in more than 30 years last year, says Statistics Canada.

The rate, which has generally been declining since the mid-1970s, fell by seven per cent, to 1.73 victims per 100,000 population, the agency said Wednesday.

Canada's rate was about one-third the 5.69 per 100,000 people in the United States. It was also lower than England and Wales at 1.93, but slightly higher than France at 1.65 and Australia at 1.63.

Police reported 548 homicides in 2003, 34 fewer than in 2002.

Fifty fewer females were killed compared with 2002.

"At the same time, there were 16 more male victims," the agency said. "Men accounted for 72 per cent of all victims in 2003."

Homicide is classified in the Criminal Code of Canada as first-degree murder, second-degree murder, manslaughter or infanticide. "Deaths caused by criminal negligence, suicide, and accidental or justifiable homicide are not included."

The national decline was driven by 33 fewer homicides in British Columbia, 18 fewer in Quebec and seven fewer in Alberta.

"Both Quebec and Nova Scotia reported their lowest homicide rates since the 1960s," Statistics Canada said.

In contrast, Saskatchewan had 14 more homicides and Manitoba seven.

"Police reported that one in every seven homicides in 2003 involved organized crime or street gangs. There were 84 victims of gang-related homicide, . . . 45 per cent of which occurred in Ontario."

The agency also found that:

-Homicides committed by strangers reached a 25-year low.

-Most homicides were committed by someone the victim knew.

-The spousal homicide rate declined by eight per cent, with six fewer spouses killed.

-Sixty-four men killed their wives; 14 women killed their husbands.

-Homicides committed by boyfriends, girlfriends and current or estranged partners dropped to 11 from 17 in 2002.

-Fifty-seven youths aged 12 to 17 years were accused of homicide in 2003, 15 more than in 2002 and eight more than the previous 10-year average.

-Thirty-three homicides were committed against children under the age of 12 in 2003, the lowest number in more than 25 years. Fourteen were under one year of age.

"Of the 27 solved homicides against children, 23 were killed by a parent: nine by a father, four by a step-father, 10 by a mother and one by a step-mother. In addition, two children were killed by their day-care provider and two by a stranger."

Toronto had 62 homicides in 2004, 4 less than the year before. So percentage wise The Big Smoke is likely behind some of the smaller cities in Canada.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.