• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hey, anyone wanna help me out?

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
In order to try out for the h.s. team we need to take a rules test, they're take home, its 10:30 here, my bedtime, i will type these out real quick and if you know the answer then respond

1. A player hits a shot on to a putting green of another hole. What must the player do before hitting his next shot to avoid a penalty stroke?

2. A player finds a ball he beleives to be his on the fairway. Without checking to identify the ball, he plays the ball. Afterwards, the player finds another ball, which is his original ball, hence he hit a wrong ball. What is the penalty for hitting a wrong ball?

3. A player's ball lies on the putting green 40 ft from the hole, the player putts and holes the ball. However, he failed to remove the flagstick from the hole b/c he couldn't see the hole. if any, what is the penalty?

4. when dropping a ball, a player drops the ball, it hits the ground then his caddie's shoe, what is the ruling

5. in stroke play, a fellow competitor is not doing well on a particular hole and decides he wants to pick up rather than finish the hole. What is the penalty if any given to your fellow competitor for not holing out?

6. While playing a stroke out of heavy rough, the shaft of the club breaks, a spectator just happens to have one with him , what penalty if any does the player incur for using the spectator's 8 iron?

7. If a player does NOT sign thier scorecard at the end of a stipulated round, what is the penalty?

8. while helping you look for a ball, a fellow competitor accidentally kicks your ball. what penalty if any , does your fellow competitor incur for kicking your ball?

9. A player hits a ball deep into the woods, can't find it, the player drops a ball at the spot he played his previous stroke. upon playing the dropped ball, hit caddie finds the original ball. which of the following options the player can choose is correct
a. the player can play their original ball without penalty
b. the player must play the dropped ball with a one stroke penalty
c. the player must play their original ball with a one stroke penalty

10. a player hits his ball into deep rough, a ball is found, but the player is unable to identify his ball in the deep grass, the player lifts the ball without announcing his intentions, what is the penalty, if any?

11. while making a stroke the player double hits, what is the ruling?

12. a fellow competitor plays a stroke and his ball hits your ball sending your ball 20 yards further down the fairway, what is the ruling?

13. as you approach your ball in the fairway you notice a chunck of mud adhering to the ball, you decide to pick up your ball and knock off the mud before playing your next shot, what is the penalty if any for this action

14. in removing a water bottle lying next to your ball, the ball moves, what penalty, if any do you incur?

15. before playing a stroke out of a bunker you ground your club and make several practice swings, each time hitting the sand, what is the penalty?

if you got down this far, i thank you dearly,

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
Wow, that's not an easy test. I don't know the answers to most of them, but I do know how to find them. I'd strongly suggest you spend some quality with www.usga.org because you should be able to ace it based on that site alone.

Good luck!

(and I'm pretty sure that when buddy's ball nailed yours and yours went 20 yards, that's cool and you just carry from where your ball is now)

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
1. Not sure. Probably drop the ball to the fringe of the green.
2. 2 strokes penalty or loss of hole in match play.
3. Not sure. Probably 2 strokes penalty.
4. Redrop
5. No idea....
6. None ???
7. Disqualified.... That's pretty harsh...
8. None... It was unintentional
9. a. That is, if he didn't played his provisional yet. Not sure though....
10. No idea
11. That's already 2 stroke, with 1 stroke penalty I think... which makes 3 strokes.
12. Don't remember.... Silver's probably right.
13. He didn't announce to his fellow competitors...
14. ????
15. There's a penalty.... But how much, I don't know...

Very good and tough questions though.

caddyshackgolf

Be The Ball
Feb 22, 2005
The only one I know is number 2 because it happened to me a couple years ago in my league i was playing in. Its a 2 stroke penalty.

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
youngun5 said:
In order to try out for the h.s. team we need to take a rules test, they're take home, its 10:30 here, my bedtime, i will type these out real quick and if you know the answer then respond

1. A player hits a shot on to a putting green of another hole. What must the player do before hitting his next shot to avoid a penalty stroke?

2. A player finds a ball he beleives to be his on the fairway. Without checking to identify the ball, he plays the ball. Afterwards, the player finds another ball, which is his original ball, hence he hit a wrong ball. What is the penalty for hitting a wrong ball?

3. A player's ball lies on the putting green 40 ft from the hole, the player putts and holes the ball. However, he failed to remove the flagstick from the hole b/c he couldn't see the hole. if any, what is the penalty?

4. when dropping a ball, a player drops the ball, it hits the ground then his caddie's shoe, what is the ruling

5. in stroke play, a fellow competitor is not doing well on a particular hole and decides he wants to pick up rather than finish the hole. What is the penalty if any given to your fellow competitor for not holing out?

6. While playing a stroke out of heavy rough, the shaft of the club breaks, a spectator just happens to have one with him , what penalty if any does the player incur for using the spectator's 8 iron?

7. If a player does NOT sign thier scorecard at the end of a stipulated round, what is the penalty?

8. while helping you look for a ball, a fellow competitor accidentally kicks your ball. what penalty if any , does your fellow competitor incur for kicking your ball?

9. A player hits a ball deep into the woods, can't find it, the player drops a ball at the spot he played his previous stroke. upon playing the dropped ball, hit caddie finds the original ball. which of the following options the player can choose is correct
a. the player can play their original ball without penalty
b. the player must play the dropped ball with a one stroke penalty
c. the player must play their original ball with a one stroke penalty

10. a player hits his ball into deep rough, a ball is found, but the player is unable to identify his ball in the deep grass, the player lifts the ball without announcing his intentions, what is the penalty, if any?

11. while making a stroke the player double hits, what is the ruling?

12. a fellow competitor plays a stroke and his ball hits your ball sending your ball 20 yards further down the fairway, what is the ruling?

13. as you approach your ball in the fairway you notice a chunck of mud adhering to the ball, you decide to pick up your ball and knock off the mud before playing your next shot, what is the penalty if any for this action

14. in removing a water bottle lying next to your ball, the ball moves, what penalty, if any do you incur?

15. before playing a stroke out of a bunker you ground your club and make several practice swings, each time hitting the sand, what is the penalty?

if you got down this far, i thank you dearly,

1.) You drop it to the closest place off the green no closer to the whole. Thats winthin a clublength I think.

2.) Two it is a 2 shot penalty then you play your ball

3.) 2 shot penalty

4.) Re-Drop the ball

5.) Disqualification

6.) Disqualification

7.) Disqualification

8.) There is no penalty, you re-drop the ball where he kicked it.

9.) c, you could have hit the dropped ball as a provisional and still played the other shot

10.) 2 shot penalty, you need to get permision frm group memebers or official

11.) 2 shot penalty, or three shots

12.) Play it where it lies

13.) If it isn't lift clean and place then 2 shots

14.) 2 shots penalty

15.) If it isn't a waste area it is a 2 shot penalty

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.