• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hey Rock how about HX Tour

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I know you use the HX Blue but I was wondering if you use it over the Tour because of price or because you like it better. The reason I'm asking is that I found an HX Tour ball a couple of weeks ago and having been using it since. I'm down to my last few ProVI xouts and it doesn't look good for getting more.

Callaways website says that the Tour ball is longer and was wondering, if you have played both if you think the difference in length is significant as Blue is more in my price range. I also think the softness of blue would be more to my liking. :confused:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Dave,

Good questions.

The HX Blue is both longer and cheaper than that of the Tour. I don't see the difference between it and the HX Blue when it comes to feel and putting. The HX Red, however, is definitely longer off the tee.

The Tour is a great all around ball, but when you can buy Blue's for 20 bucks a box cheaper, it's stupid not to. I used to be primarily an HX Red guy, but opted to try the Blues one day. I drove it farther than I expected, and with better accuracy. Irons hold the green like crazy, and dancing a wedge is a snap.

Try the Blues. Give them about 10 rounds to see how they react in all situations. You'll be hooked.

If you need to know anything else let me know. I have pretty much every Callaway Ball in my bag, from Rule 35's to Tours. I just don't use them anymore.... ;)

R35

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
rockford35 said:
Dave,

Good questions.

The HX Blue is both longer and cheaper than that of the Tour. I don't see the difference between it and the HX Blue when it comes to feel and putting. The HX Red, however, is definitely longer off the tee.

The Tour is a great all around ball, but when you can buy Blue's for 20 bucks a box cheaper, it's stupid not to. I used to be primarily an HX Red guy, but opted to try the Blues one day. I drove it farther than I expected, and with better accuracy. Irons hold the green like crazy, and dancing a wedge is a snap.

Try the Blues. Give them about 10 rounds to see how they react in all situations. You'll be hooked.

If you need to know anything else let me know. I have pretty much every Callaway Ball in my bag, from Rule 35's to Tours. I just don't use them anymore.... ;)

R35
How bout that renamed TF XL they call the Warbird? What a piece of crap...

The Blue is great. The Tour is great. I personally don't like the feel of the red.

Good post, BTW, R.

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Thanks Rock. An excellent post for a guy with a computer generated degree. I'm glad to hear how well the Blues compare to the Tours because it didn't work that way with Titty. I bought a box of NXT Tour balls because I had heard they were similar to ProV1 and found them to be worlds apart.

I'm headed in to Austin tommorow so I plan to pick up a dozen.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Dave,

You won't be disappointed. Blue's are great balls.

The new Warbirds are much better than it's predacessor. That ball felt like a cheap Top Flite. It has a much better cover now, a guy I play with regularily swears by them after getting a free dozen at a tournament.... ;)

The new Red and Blue's (new logos) seem to stand up better to abuse than that of the older models. I don't know what they've done, but i sure like it.

Maybe it's because i don't hit them onto the cart path anymore.... :canada:

R35

-let me know what you think on the Blues....

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
So the Reds are the longest one? At 5$ per balls, they aren't your regular balls...
What about those illegal little balls? Have any of you tried those ones? I'd like to know how they fare for those long hitters. Unfortunately, my average drives are 250 yards with any cheap balls., 270-280 max when I'm bombing them (averaging 95 mph swing speed).

Sling, I changed my mind, I love my SMT Nemesis with Grafalloy Blue. You have no idea the number of fat shots I've made with the driver, but the shaft is still alive and kicking, and it's solid as Rock (no pun intended).

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Reds are longest, but don't have the best feel around the green where the money is made. Stick with the blue. Cheaper than the Tours and work just as well.

R35

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
rockford35 said:
Dave,

You won't be disappointed. Blue's are great balls.

The new Warbirds are much better than it's predacessor. That ball felt like a cheap Top Flite. It has a much better cover now, a guy I play with regularily swears by them after getting a free dozen at a tournament.... ;)

The new Red and Blue's (new logos) seem to stand up better to abuse than that of the older models. I don't know what they've done, but i sure like it.

Maybe it's because i don't hit them onto the cart path anymore.... :canada:

R35

-let me know what you think on the Blues....

Hey Rock, picked up a box of Blues this morning but won't get to try them till Sat. or Sun. If I play bad this weekend it's all your fault. :sobbash:

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Hey, I can't do anything if you hit the ball wrong.

I can just recommend a ball that helps your slices, pull hooks, duffs, thin shots, putting, wedges, sand shots and long irons.

But other than that, I have faith. :D

Let me know how it goes. If you hate them, i'll give them a good home. :yellow:

R35

🔥 Latest posts