• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hey sling, a question...

OP
bdcrowe

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Bama Duffer said:
BD, let us know what you decide on. I'm not a fan of off-set woods either. I'd like to find fairway woods that don't have the off-set. I asked a clerk at Ed Watts about it sometime back and his response was just, "Those are hard to find." Not even a suggestion.
Played the Tight Lies on-course today, and was able to compare it against the "modern" woods I've been playing, and (interestingly enough) the Adams Red Line 3 wood that my neighbor plays. Comparison is laughable. I'm talking utterly hillarious. This orliginal Tight Lies Air Assault, designed 7 (8?) years ago, on clearance now at Wal Mart, was the best hitting wood I've swung in forever. 16* loft gives the trajectory of a 5 wood, the length of a 3 wood (for me, it averaged around 250). It hits amazingly straight, but the "firm" shaft is softer than I am used to, so it's possible to overcook a draw. It lands pretty soft, with minimal roll. If the honeymoon lasts, and I'm able to hit 250 this consistently off the tee, then this will be a great summer.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Ping Tisi Tec (the grey one, not the G2 or the black one). These are hard as hell to find, but I traded two Callaways, a Taylor Made & an Adams for my 17 degree Ping Tec 5 wood. I lust for a 14 degree 3 wood, but can't find one that fits into me broke-dick schoolteacher budget.

Ping still makes 'em & sells those puppies for about $400, but apparently no one wants to let one go used. Ball-go-far. If you can find a demo, hit it.

Bama Duffer

Mar 14, 2005
What is this about hoing? Once you get started, it's hard to stop.

OK, Bd, I dropped by my local Wal Mart and found the Adams Tight Lies 3w. For $48.00, I figured I couldn't go wrong, so I picked one up. Haven't hit it yet. I'll let you know what I think when I do. Hopefully it will be the solution to the awful hook I've had with my last two 3w's.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.