• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hhhmmmm..... A year wasted?

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Geez lads and BD

I'm avoiding going into any of this stuff in too much detail. It's basket case material. BD - do us a favour. Get a video camera and video both swings (J&H) front and behind and let's take a look.

IMO - use the one that feels more comfortable, and stop thinking about it so much. Stop all this paralysis by analysis shit!!

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
FKA Pa Jayhawk said:

Interested? That is the single greatest golf instruction website I have ever come across. He just GIVES everything away for FREE!! My God.

I learned a ton about my swing just by reading that site. I have been mixing the two swings, which I'm hoping is a major reason I can't get below 6. I can't wait to practice again. I think I'm hitting the I/O range tomorrow morning because of this.

That site should be a must-read for every golfer who every had a question about his swing and should be stickied.

Thanks for the great link!! I am heading back there now to do some more reading. Awesome.

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
bdcrowe said:
Weird times...

Jeckyl and Hyde my friends... Jeckyl and Hyde...

BD, Been there and done that, and still doing it :) either in the zone or in a slump

RBB, Fantastic description for defining the two styles First rate!!

IrishGolfer said:
Geez lads and BD
IMO - use the one that feels more comfortable, and stop thinking about it so much. Stop all this paralysis by analysis shit!!

Irish, I concur, tho admit to falling into the trap myself. I find that a smooth, slow backswing with some confidence and serious focus on what you want to accomplish rather than how to do it , seeing a shot rather than going thru a thought process is the key. But easier said than done, that’s why we play.

Same with the “club Ho” mentality IMHO. We all need to spoil ourselves now and then , and I too have bought new irons just for the hell of it, but I question how much better it makes your game (I keeping going back to old reliables). Until I can score in the low 70’s on a regular basis I doubt I could tell minor differences (that’s assuming proper fit and appropriate flex). in clubs that much, my flaws are within myself and not in the clubs. I hope I don’t appear to sound smart or sassy or anything here, but can most of you really say that the change in clubs has lowered your scores in the long run? That if you went back to the old clubs your score would suffer? I can say that some clubs feel better than others, but once we are satisfied with the feel, aren’t we chasing rainbows?
I play with a set of ancient Pinseekers (Bombshell II ) I got 15 years ago. (Not a blade I don’t think, but all the weight is low, the top line of the club is thin.) Anyway, I love the way a well struck ball feels with them, feel I get decent yardage (3 iron good for 215-230yds, PW 120yds full swing) and every club gets great loft and is pretty much on the intended line when well struck.
Rambling on here, I have shot as low as 74 with them and can crack triple digits with them on a bad day and a tough course. So the problem is with me, not the clubs. That said, I am looking for new LEFT hand oversize driver. :D But deep down I know I am just seeking to buy easy gratification and perhaps false hope, as I have pounded my current driver down the faiway where I wanted, hole after hole, draw or fade as wanted, when I have been in the zone . Now if I could buy the zone.... and it was legal LOL

Sorry to have blabbed so much but was a blah round today and I only have myself to blame. But will accept suggestions for good excuses :) BTW Doc, I was breast fed so can't use that one.

Members online