• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hi all....

Dale

English Hacker...
Just thought I would say hey.

I'm an IT Consultant from East Sussex in the UK and been playing golf for almost 3 years now. I have just managed to come down to a 13 handicap from starting at 28, but hoping to get down a bit further as the summer closes out.

In the bag I have used Callaway X-14's after getting a cheap set off Ebay and had them for almost the duration I have been playing golf and just changed my driver from the original R7 Quad to a Mizuno MX-500, thinking about Mizuno MP-60 Irons next.....

Other than golf I am a big football fan, supporting Liverpool and obviously have a passion for IT as well, with an attempt at starting my own business in IT consultancy / website design currently underway :)

Hope to make some good friends here and generally see what peoples points of view are on golf :)

Thanks

Dale

Welcome Dale. how do you like the mizuno driver? I still use the r7 400. Tried to replace it with newer drivers not nothing comes close, not yet. ah football yes, it's that time of the year in the states. not the European football but US football. you know what I mean :). I'm also in IT, just a sys.admin.

Hi Dale:

I work in IT also but in non-technical/managerial positions. Glad to have you here....

Hi Dale if your ever looking for a young employee look no further:) . I'm taking higher and Advanced Higher Info systems next year and Oracle, plus I got first in Computing at my school. Apart from that WELCOME.

Hi guys, thanks for the warm welcome.

To be honest, I probably could have kept the R7 400, it is still an excellent driver, but driving is the only properly inconsistent weak part of my game. I know that if I get a long iron shot I am not going to be able to hit it - ever, and I also know that if I get within 100 yards I’m going to be fairly close.... However when I line up with my driver I can never predict what is going to happen!!! So I bought something that might be a little more forgiving, and I must say that for someone like me, it is easier to hit. I have never had a problem with the yardage, it is purely trying to eliminate my fade (or slice!!). Once that happens, and I can say with hand on heart that 9 out of 10 drives will be predictable I think that single figure handicaps are heading my way, but for now I will have to make do with the excitement of guessing in which direction I will be walking off the tee!! :) (P.S. MP60 Irons should be making their way into the bag this afternoon!!)

Adam, I will keep that in mind, for the time being I (like to think!!) I am still young myself, and am always on the look out for jobs as the one I am currently employed with is to say the least NOT A GOOD JOB!!!

I am trying to get my own consultancy business off the ground (www.twistedhalo.co.uk) which myself and 2 other friends are working on gaining contracts, which we can eventually quit our day jobs and put our full time effort into - when this happens I can guarantee that we will be looking to outsource any work that we are unable to deal with either on a skill level or because (hopefully ;)) we don't have the time to lend to it.

Stay in contact and I will keep you posted....

Thanks again for the welcome guys

Dale

Thats the job I'm aiming at. A freind of the family is the boss at SAS computers so I'm looking into jobs there for after college.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54