• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hi-bore 3 wood with V2

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The HB fairways are just like the driver - dead simple to hit straight, but not as long. But, if you're willing (and it sounds like you are) to sacrifice distance for accuracy, grab it.

R35

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
OK, so I'm coming to US next week. Feel a need to buy a new 3 wood. I currently have the SS2.5 with OEM Fuji Tour Platform 26.3 S. Here's what I'm thinking...

Options:

Keep it and throw in a Graman UL540 S (courtesy of SSSmokin') :)

BRIDGESTONE J33 3 WOOD ALDILA VS PROTO REGULAR - anyone have any idea how the regular plays relative to a stiff?

TEE 3 WOOD 15 DEGREE - not sure what with, open to suggestions

HIBORE 3 WOOD 15 DEGREE WITH V2

I am also think a Nickent Hybrid 3DX - DC 20 DEGREE WITH UST 85G again open to suggestions on this thing.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
OK, so I'm coming to US next week. Feel a need to buy a new 3 wood. I currently have the SS2.5 with OEM Fuji Tour Platform 26.3 S. Here's what I'm thinking...

Options:

Keep it and throw in a Graman UL540 S (courtesy of SSSmokin') :)

BRIDGESTONE J33 3 WOOD ALDILA VS PROTO REGULAR - anyone have any idea how the regular plays relative to a stiff?

TEE 3 WOOD 15 DEGREE - not sure what with, open to suggestions

HIBORE 3 WOOD 15 DEGREE WITH V2

I am also think a Nickent Hybrid 3DX - DC 20 DEGREE WITH UST 85G again open to suggestions on this thing.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
When and where will you be IG??

I'm going to CT next weekend and will have my J33 with VS proto with me. We might be able to do a swap right there :)

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
When and where will you be IG??

I'm going to CT next weekend and will have my J33 with VS proto with me. We might be able to do a swap right there :)

Hey, week after (Sat 14), if there was a way to fit it in I would. I finish work on Friday 13th and will be in Raleigh, Durham. I fly outa Newark on Saturday evening at 8.30pm. I gotta figure a way to get a RedEye from NC to ??? to play golf, then make it to NY by 6pm. Any ideas? Sling, Ez?

You want to trade your J33 for my Sonartec SS 2.5 Fuji TP 26.3 14 degree? :) Keep talking...

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Hey, week after (Sat 14), if there was a way to fit it in I would. I finish work on Friday 13th and will be in Raleigh, Durham. I fly outa Newark on Saturday evening at 8.30pm. I gotta figure a way to get a RedEye from NC to ??? to play golf, then make it to NY by 6pm. Any ideas? Sling, Ez?

You want to trade your J33 for my Sonartec SS 2.5 Fuji TP 26.3 14 degree? :) Keep talking...

What time do you finish on Friday? If you could get to Hartford or something I could pick you up Friday night on my way down. We play on Saturday AM at Sling's club and then it's 2.5 hours from there to Newark.

It's a stretch, but doable.

OP
IrishGolfer

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
What time do you finish on Friday? If you could get to Hartford or something I could pick you up Friday night on my way down. We play on Saturday AM at Sling's club and then it's 2.5 hours from there to Newark.

It's a stretch, but doable.

I'll get back to you. Might be too much of a stretch even for me!!:laugh:
Might pop over to Chatanooga for a game with my mate BDCrowe!

🔥 Latest posts