• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hi From South Africa

OP
al_vorster

al_vorster

"that's a gimme"
Mar 27, 2015
South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
How is the game faring in SA? Strong? New memberships? Growing? Just curious
Not really growing in the golf course membership, which is sad. There are however a LOT of newcomers to the game through virtual memberships and online booking systems. At least makes the game accessible to more people, so it's good for coaches and the bar, but the courses need membership money in my opinion. We have about 400k registered golfers in the Golf Association, population 54m

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
Not really growing in the golf course membership, which is sad. There are however a LOT of newcomers to the game through virtual memberships and online booking systems. At least makes the game accessible to more people, so it's good for coaches and the bar, but the courses need membership money in my opinion. We have about 400k registered golfers in the Golf Association, population 54m

Interesting...sounds similar. I'm just always curious about the health of the game every where else

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Hi BigJim, he he, not a tour pro but a club pro. Wish I had more time to play!Thx for the welcome. Will be visiting here regularly! I read some very good things here.
I knew what you meant. We have some really bad golfers here! :)

Actually in truth we have a handful of people that play golf and the rest of us talk about how much we used to play!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I heard it's great value to play golf in SA. It's on my bucket list to go, my parents went there and loved it. Welcome on board.

OP
al_vorster

al_vorster

"that's a gimme"
Mar 27, 2015
South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
I heard it's great value to play golf in SA. It's on my bucket list to go, my parents went there and loved it. Welcome on board.
Yes it is really great value. The green fees are very low, especially to international guests about R13 to the $. The quality of the courses and the experience over-all is magic. Then we also have the amazing African Wildlife to go with it! Especially at Sun city's courses and Leopard Creek. Special! Not to mention the Garden route.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Welcome! We had a new pro hired last year. He's been a disaster. If you want to apply for a pro job in Kansas, I'll see if I can pay someone to break his knees so there's an opening!!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Welcome to the circus Al! Old school rules! There's a few guys here still gaming some older PING irons. :)
I love the i3 blades and frankly can't see a reason to change. The only thing that almost swayed me was hearing Hogans were reborn....and then I saw them and the price tag. Sticking to my i3's.

🔥 Latest posts