• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hi...New to SHOTTALK

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
United States United States
Welcome indeed :)
now read my post about how I blew my grip and game yesterday....... lol.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
G'day & welcome. Most of our "advice" may seem "out of this world" but we come in peace Earthling. :)

OP
MarkFed

MarkFed

Jun 17, 2013
New England
Country
Welcome indeed :)
now read my post about how I blew my grip and game yesterday....... lol.

Thanks for the welcome.
Read your post...haha...That sucks that it wrecked a round of golf trying something that is totally wrong. Unfortunately you're right, there are some idiots out there, and they can post anything on youtube.

OP
MarkFed

MarkFed

Jun 17, 2013
New England
Country
I'll take any help on that I can get!
Hey BigJim13...if you get a chance, check out the video at the bottom of this page:
http://gimme-golf.com/the-proper-golf-swing-plane/
I saw it in a forum I once participated in and thought it was one of the most fool proof drills/training aids that I've ever seen, so I emailed it to myself so I'd have it. Let me know what you think:) Make sure to note the positioning of them if you decide to try it. You could also set them up in your yard and just swing without hitting balls. As long as you initiate the downswing with your hips, square your club face through the impact area, and get to a full finish, you'd get used to it pretty quick.

dedicatedhacker

Jan 12, 2013
Altus Oklahoma
Country
Hey Mark I have a swing question, kind of stupid situation but I figured maybe you'd have a idea.
I wear cowboy boots 98% of the time, so naturally when I started pretending to golf a year ago that's what I wore. Once I got hooked I broke out some shoes from the attic and play in those now.

The situation I've been fighting is I duff my clubs. All of them. Some days not much, others about half the time. When I do it could be an inch behind the ball or it can be 6-8 inches back. But when I wear my boots it's not a issue at all, I'll leave clean shallow divots if at all. So is the problem with my stance, swing, clubs to long or am I just an idiot?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online