• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hidden Gems... maybe?!?!

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Normally even my ‘off topic’ threads would take a golf turn at some point, perhaps not this time though!!

My Uncle’s health has been in decline for a number of years now and more so here as of really late. His love of cold beer and cigarettes likely helped speed things along. In the cleaning up and clearing out of his home to sell my family has made some crazy historical finds within his home. Being my mom’s brother, she’s found stuff he kept from their father (who passed when they were young.) It’s actually quite crazy what they are finding!! Time and neglect have unfortunately taken their toll on some of the stuff, but others I can’t help but think may be worth keeping or money. The LTC facility he’s in now isn’t cheap!!!

It turns out he has a rather nice record collection, that he likely forgot about!! So I’m curious if vinyl records can be saved or cleaned?? The records have been “stored” in milk crates for who knows really. They are very dusty and the covers are pretty nicotine stained. Not even sure what he woulda listened to, but there could be some really good stuff in there!

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Seems like records are supposed to be nicotine stained. And yes, they can be cleaned. Sounds like a good score, Louie!

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Seems like records are supposed to be nicotine stained. And yes, they can be cleaned. Sounds like a good score, Louie!
I really think this could be an epic score!! I kinda see it as a little musical time capsule almost, and I’m really excited to get my hands on them. Bands and Artists start swirling in my head when I think about the crates, who knows what’s in there!!! My mom thinks her Beatles albums are in there...

The overwhelming response I’m getting is that the records themselves can be cleaned up with a damp microfibre cloth and left in a dish rack to dry. Depending on the condition of the actual covers, some may be toast... For now I’m just going to keep day dreaming about what I may find!

🔥 Latest posts