• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hideki Matsuyama Fires 61 at Firestone to Win WGC-Bridgestone Invitational, Kim Claims...

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
HIDEKI MATSUYAMA HASN'T WON A MAJOR, but it seems as if it's just a matter of time for the No. 3 ranked golfer in the world.

The Japanese star rallied to win the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational on Sunday (his third victory this season) by putting together a record-tying 61 on Firestone Country Club. The blistering round included birdies on the final three holes. Zach Johnson was a distant second, five shots off the pace.

Matsuyama has now won two World Golf Championships. He bagged the HSBC Champions last fall. It, too, was a blowout, with Matsuyama winning by seven strokes.

But the 25-year-old PGA Tour player didn't see a 61 at Firestone, or another title, especially after a final round warm-up session that left him wondering about the direction of the golf ball.

"[M]y expectations really at the beginning of this week weren't that high ... and here we are," Matsuyama said.

The PGA Championship begins at Quail Hollow Club in Charlotte on Thursday.

"I haven't won a major yet," Matsuyama added. "I have a lot of work left to do. But that's not to say that I don't have confidence."

Kim Wins Women's British Open

I.K. Kim took a 6-shot lead into the final round of the Women's British Open at Kingsbarns Links in St. Andrews, Scotland, and held on to claim her first major championship title.

''I cannot describe my feelings,'' Kim said after a final-round 71 produced a two-shot victory. ''I just tried to have some fun, but it wasn't fun on the back nine.''

Source: Hideki Matsuyama Fires 61 at Firestone to Win WGC-Bridgestone Invitational, Kim Claims Women's British Open

🔥 Latest posts