• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Higher Launch-Lower Spin

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
OK. Thanks. I have been considering an X driver shaft but I'm going to get some #'s and opinions before I do anything. My drives have been very high and spinning back in the wet fairways. My misses are also my "too soft" misses in my experience. Another option I was thinking would be to have the shaft pulled and tipped 1/2 inch since it is playing a 45.75 now anyway. That would stiffen it up a bit and kill a little spin, right?

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Could be your angle of attack, could be yuo should use a harder ball.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I am hitting up on it considerably with weight preset on the right foot and about a 20* shoulder angle at setup. My longest drive so far was a powerfade where my angle was not as drastic at setup and it flew a little lower but not much. I also didn't tee that one up as high. That's a pretty much factless result though, I'd want to see some some hard data on it. I've been swithing around balls as well but most have been hit with Srixon UR-X or a Pinnacle Platinum distance, both hard as feck.
icon10.gif

🔥 Latest posts

Members online