• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Histerically Funny Shots

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
This is to keep from clogging up Eracer's "Tiger shot" thread with the wierd ones.

What are some the funniest shots you have ever seen? I have one from just today. Guy is teeing it up on #10 and there is a short brick retaining wall in the front of the tee box that borders a pond. The dude tops his tee ball into the bricks and the ball ricochets back over his head, flies over the practice bunker, the 1st tee, the OB fence, and then nestles down on the middle of the road that runs by course. He netted bout -100 yards on the shot. But fortunately, with stoke and distance he got the 100 yards back before he had to hit his third.

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
I have a bunch of these....

3.) Buddie is in a money match and on 16...mashes the ball with the bottom of the driver...it goes 20 feet in front, smacks the tee block and bounces straight right OB.

2.) Watching a guy on the 1st tee, he tee`s up and somehow hits it between his legs with with a 3 iron.

1.) My friend is playing a tourney and he hits himself`with the drive, he hits it so far off the side of the driver that it shoots backwards and hits himself in the knee.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
I saw a guy two weeks ago hit WAY below the ball on the tee, producing a good skyball with his driver. It went STRAIGHT up about 15 feet, came down and he caught it and re-teed all in one fluid motion like it happens all the time.

It was the damndest shot I ever saw.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Played a tournament once...

First tee, he tops a drive, worm burner. Flies into the metal red tee indicator, comes back, hits a cart, falls OB.

Personally? I destroyed a PVC pipe that was made to direct carts with an errant drive.

At high school practice one day a friend of mine was trying to work it around a tree. Well, he worked it directly into the tree that was about 15 feet ahead of him. No one knows where the ball went, but all 4 of us nearby froze hoping not to get hit.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
My dad saying "watch out for that tree" as I proceed to hit a 5W out of the treeline... which ricocheted back and hit me right in the nuts.

Of course there is also my famous pop up that Sling caught on cam. Sling, can that be dug up for old times sake? I think Nsherman was in the background with some funky shorts on. That was one he!! of a launch angle.
icon10.gif

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
My dad saying "watch out for that tree" as I proceed to hit a 5W out of the treeline... which ricocheted back and hit me right in the nuts.

Reminds me of a Haywood Banks song.....

"Trauma to the groin boy, trauma to the groin, theres nothing quite as funny as a trauma to the groin...":thumbs up:

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
The funniest thing I've ever seen in golf is when my friend and I were golfing. He put his first ball in the water and was pretty angery. I told him to tee up another. So he did so and he took a huge swing at it. The driver bounced off the ground behind the ball and ended up hopping over the ball and leaving it sitting there on the tee.
:biglol:

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
I have two of these that I can think of:

1) I put my drive into the tree line seperating the 5th and 6th fairways and had a 5 iron in my hand going into the fifth green. I proceed to flush the shot only to hear the dreaded sound of it hit a tree. Looked up and saw the ball fly over me, back about 50 yards and near the group that was going down the 6th fairway at the time

2) Similar to Augster's I was hitting my hybrid off of the tee box (without a tee I think) and managed to severly top it, the ball popped straight up to about eye level and I was able to reack out and catch it. I must say that it had some wicked spin on it, spun for a few seconds in my hand after catching it.

effektz

Green Golfer
Jun 30, 2008
On the very first hole with my brother, the tee markers were ceramic or something ( bad idea ), lined up fairly far behind it but the hit was low and straight... into the tee marker. That thing shatters every which way and the ball flew into the golf cart. A stupid mistake but I laughed at his fantastic start.

I'm sure I'll think of more eventually and I'll post them

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
Buddy was going for his second on a par 5, he was hitting the 3W. His wife was out with him and she was standing facing him, about 20 feet away. He knew he had trouble hitting the 3W off the deck so he told her "baby, you probably shouldn't stand there - sometimes I hit this thing so bad off the toe it goes right instead of forward, which is about where you're standing." So she politely moved behind him. He proceeded to take the shot and hit it off the toe just as he predicted -- unfortunately it went straight to the edge of the concrete cart path and bounced right back toward them, hitting his wife in the ankle and breaking it. If he had kept his mouth shut it would've shot right past her and made them both laugh. Instead she had to wear a space boot for a couple of months and he had to hear unknown amounts of bitching :thumbs up:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
This is to keep from clogging up Eracer's "Tiger shot" thread with the wierd ones.
Good idea - I moved my funny one over here...
------------------------------------

I thought I'd toss in an "anti-Tiger" shot, since it was so cool to watch.

Same round as my "Tiger" 5-iron shot. Guy hits a booming tee shot on a high trajectory - about 20 yards straight right. It hits the side of a three story concrete wall about 80 yards away, and bounces straight back at us. Ended up about six feet from him. We laughed pretty hard.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Similar to Augster's I was hitting my hybrid off of the tee box (without a tee I think) and managed to severly top it, the ball popped straight up to about eye level and I was able to reack out and catch it. I must say that it had some wicked spin on it, spun for a few seconds in my hand after catching it.
I've done the same thing with a 3-wood. Ball popped straight up and I made a great reaction grab after my buddy yelled. "LOOK UP!"

We should all have holes-in-one. Hitting a popup shot like that and catching the ball is easily as improbable.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
My wife likes to tell this one to EVERYONE on me.

On our honeymoon we went to Sawgrass. Played the Stadium course twice and the valley course once. Anyway... second round of the Stadium on no. 8 I pulled my tee shot left into the trees. I tried to pull off one of those "tiger shots" but ended up bouncing it off about 5 or 6 trees and landed right back at my feet. "Clack clack clack clack THUD!" Shit.

gpo

Jun 2, 2008
Back in HS during a practice round I hit a little early as my teammates on the green ahead were walking off. My shot hit one right on top of his head and then hit my other teammate in the side of the face. I got two for one on that shot.

Fairway_CY

Mar 25, 2008
Funniest shot that ever happened to me was also on my honeymoon. We were in Jamaica, and as a special gift, my wife told me to play one of the courses out there. After some debate, I settled on Cinnamon Hill. It had been a pretty crappy day in terms of golf, but a great day overall because the course was so beautiful and my wife was allowed to head out with me and drive the cart, even though she wasn't playing.

I had a few shots that I never could have hit if I tried, including one that was laying against a tree in the middle of a fairway, but I took a big swing and it came out perfectly. But - I got to the signature hole which has a huge drop from the tee to the fairway. There are power lines the cross over the fairway, and the local rule is that you can retee or play it as it lies if you hit them.

They are probably 75 yards or so from the tee, and right at the level where my ball flight typically goes. I honestly didn't think about hitting them because, well... I was aiming for them, so - that wouldn't happen. I took my swing and the ball headed right at the lines. It smacked, I heard an odd noise... and the ball started coming back at us. I laughed because I figured it was going to end up being a 60 yard tee shot or so. But the ball kept coming back. And since the lines were at an angle, it was sending the ball back and towards the left, where the cart was... and where my wife was sitting, about 40 yards in front of us.

She wasn't paying attention, and the caddie yelled to her, but it was too late. The ball hit the windshield (which, luckily was up) and ricocheted down the hill. My wife jumped out of the cart, having no clue what happened.

I decided to retee the ball, obviously, and cleared the lines this time. I ended up in perfect position. As we drove down the hill, I had my wife stop so I could pick up the other ball. It wasn't until then that she figured out what had happened.

CY

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.