• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Histerically Funny Shots

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Goshen Plantation here in Augusta has power lines that cross the fairway on #10. There is a sign that says to retee without penalty if you hit one. The first time I played there I saw the sign and laughed. What are the odds of me hitting those little wires?

Sure enough.......

Dusty90

Another Canuck
May 6, 2007
ON my course there is a couple of holes that have power lines in play, and if you hit them you get to retee. Well I occasionaly hit them, seeing as I play the course often enough, odds are that u will catch them once or twice. Well this one day, I hit them on 15, a long par 5, re-teed and hit them again. I dont remember what I did after that, but it was pretty funny at the time. If I remember correctly there was a... bet you can't do that again.

sure enough...

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
i was on the tee box one morning getting ready to lpay in the points game for that day.. there had to be 25 people around the first tee box waiting to start. i walk up on the tee talking to my group having a good time. my wifes uncle's grouped was in there carts i little bit in front of the tee box getting ready. well i tee the ball up and take a big rip at the ball..well it comes striaght off of the toe and goes right between two of the carts wizzzing by there heads... they never saw it. the group i was playing with just busted out laughing b/c they never saw it...i mean i missed one of there heads by a few inches...it was one of those classis moments

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
On my home course, there is one par 5 that is pretty much wide open. Once you clear the pond you could play your ball no matter where it lands. So me and my oldest son always let it rip on this hole to see who can get the longest drive. He steps up and takes this mighty swing and catches it on the heel of the club. The ball careens off the golf cart, ricochets off the big stone hole marker, shoots way up in the air and lands back at his feet. He is looking across the pond trying to see where it landed and I'm all but rolling on the ground laughing. The only thing that could have made it funnier would have been if it had landed back on the tee.

And to finish off a funny round, 2 holes later I'm teeing off with my 3 wood. It was quite cold this day BTW, anyway, I hit a bad shot off the tee. Usually when I do that, I'll take a couple of swings afterwards to clear my head. On my 2nd post bad shot swing the club slipped out of my hands and helicoptered up onto the roof of my 2 story townhouse. We were both laughing our a$$es off till I had to call grounds keeping to retrieve it for me. Try explaining that one, :biglol:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Company scramble (I worked for a major brewing company at the time.) My friend and I were playing together (and drinking lots of beer together.)

About 30 feet left of the tee boxes - and I mean practically 90º left - was a big oak tree with two course maintenance guys leaning on it.

I joked with them, saying: "You guys better take take cover, there's no telling where this guy's tee shot will go."

They just laughed.

My friend somehow spun out of his shoes trying to kill the ball, and in his drunken state managed to hit the ball behind him and smack the tree.

We laughed our asses off (being drunk) but the two guys weren't laughing.

I stood up to hit and warned them (jokingly) to take cover. They did, and I hit the exact same shot, almost beaning one of the poor bastards anyway.

The only reason they didn't go off on us was that they could see how drunk we were. I felt bad for the course that day.

niblick

Jun 13, 2007
Playing in a scramble, a friend of mine took a rip with a 3w and topped it so badly the ball went straight down into the turf, flush with the grass. He looked up to see where it went and the rest of us just fell out laughing.

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
We should all have holes-in-one. Hitting a popup shot like that and catching the ball is easily as improbable.

We play with a standing rule that if you can catch your own shot in the air, you can replay it without penalty. I have never taken advantage of this rule, but my brother-in-laws each have. I'm not sure it's _that_ rare. Funny as hell, though.

Neither of my stories actually occurred on golf courses...

My wife is still trying to live down a trip to a driving range that had to be ten years ago. Her parents, and maybe brother, were with us, and the story will live as long as we do. The tees are covered, and heated from above. Somehow she managed to hit a driver up into the roof area, where it bounced around for 30 seconds including a couple "pongs" off heating ducts, before bouncing out backwards toward the parking lot. We were all ducking and running, having no idea where it was going to come out.

I grew up hitting balls in a pasture, literally. My friend and I were hitting on our "range", which was the field behind his house. There were a couple dozen cows off to the left, but we avoided them ( maybe this is why I don't hit a hook? ). One big black cow started working her way up to the middle of the field, and my friend, who was known to bait me into trouble, said, "I bet you can't hit that cow." Not one to take that lying down, I dropped a ball, and punched a 2 iron with very little hope of winning this particular bet. Sure enough, I drilled the cow, who was facing us now, right between the eyes. No damage done, except to his wallet, and the cow's attitude, which degraded to 'pissed off' pretty quickly.

Jlaw1987

Jul 1, 2008
The funniest I have ever seen is my friend was teeing off and the carts were directly behind his back. He hit is tee ball between his legs and hit another guy in our group (who we had never met he was paired with us on a busy day) right in the rib cage. I thought it was going to kill him because he was panting for breath but he was alright. But what made it funnier was my friend actually yelled FOUR.

HITaMANY

Jun 6, 2007
I was playing with a group one day when the guy with us tees the ball up. Takes a huge swing and send a worm burner down the left hand rough. 100 yards down there is hits the rocks that surround a pond. Starts to come off back and to our right over the fairway hits a tree and comes back to rest 2 feet in front of his tee.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
The funniest I have ever seen is my friend was teeing off and the carts were directly behind his back. He hit is tee ball between his legs and hit another guy in our group (who we had never met he was paired with us on a busy day) right in the rib cage. I thought it was going to kill him because he was panting for breath but he was alright. But what made it funnier was my friend actually yelled FOUR.

But wasn't he actually laying TWO?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Two stand out off the top of my head... :)

One was many years ago in the company league. There was the ball washer about 20 yards in front of the tee box near the women's tee box and this guy (wasn't too good) hit his drive. It was a very low screamer that hit the ball washer dead center and came shooting back just over our heads 30 yards behind our tee box. We couldn't stop laughing.

Other was years ago before Waushara CC (Wisconsin ST outing last year) added another 18 holes. There was a short 110 yard par 3 straight up a big hill to a blind green. They had the tee box for the next par 4 20 yards to the left of the par 3 green. We had finished the hole and sssmokin and I were standing on the tee box waiting on the group ahead of us when I heard this sound like a coconut getting hit with a hammer. Turned around and sssmokin was flat on his back, out cold.... :shocked: He was only out for a few seconds but had a huge headache (finished the round). Up the hill comes the golfer that hit the shot, sees sssmokin laying out cold, runs down the hill, jumps in their cart and leaves the golf course fearing a lawsuit I suppose... :biglol:

One last one. Was playing in a best ball tournament, sitting in the cart parked to the right of the tee blocks. This old duffer hits his drive and it sails straight 90º right 2" in front of my nose about 120 mph! I had no time to react and just kind of blinked. The other guys were on their backs laughing so hard.

sssmokin and I were playing a goat track in North Carolina when I lived there because all the good courses were full. This had railroad tracks through the fairway (yes we had to wait for a train) and the clubhouse was a little shack. The guy we were playing with bounces a tee shot off the Caddy sitting next to the clubhouse and sssokin hit a ball onto the grass in a roped off area. Looked pretty normal, like they were letting the grass grow so he goes in to pick up his ball and "sploosh". Down to his neck in muddy water! It was like grass "floating" over it. His white shirt and shorts were solid brown when he dragged himself out. The other guy and I were rolling on the ground at the sight. Beware roped off areas!!

:)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Watching a guy on the 1st tee, he tee`s up and somehow hits it between his legs with with a 3 iron.

My friend is playing a tourney and he hits himself`with the drive, he hits it so far off the side of the driver that it shoots backwards and hits himself in the knee.

***Normally, I would say it's impossible to send a tee ball between your legs. But... I've seen it done. Defies all the laws of physics. It's something that could, in all likelihood, not be duplicated in a lifetime.

One of our regulars has it tee'd up for his driver off the box. Swings extremely hard and hits the ball off the hosel. Ball goes dead left, between his legs, about knee high! How this can happen without either breaking a kneecap or, worse, raising the gentleman's voice an octave for the remainder of his life... is beyond me. We all had a good laugh! Thank goodness, no one was hurt.

***Another member of the group pulled his tee ball on a par 5 to the left, near the hazard stakes. Hit driver, again, off the hardpan in an attempt to get the ball back to the fairway. Pulls the ball even more left and it's heading for hazard city. Ball hits one of the red hazard stakes... hard... and ricochets up to the green. He makes the putt for an eagle. Impossible to get to the green from where he was!!! Impossible... He's heading deep, until the ball's flight is intercepted by a 2" diameter piece of PVC pipe. The red paint from the hazard stake was still on the ball when he took it out of the cup.

I do believe one of the amazing things about this game is, simply, that we don't inflict bodily harm to ourselves and others more often than we do. In fact, it's downright scarey! Some of the near misses seen over the years are cause for much laughter... but could have resulted in significant personal injury. Guess that's why we keep our homeowner's insurance and our health insurance premiums paid up!!!!

boomit324

GO BAMA
May 9, 2008
alright got one from today..guy teeing up on #2, he's buddy is sittin in the cart..guy swings hits the ball..friend goes to jump out of the cart and ball hits him dead in his boys..i literally fell on the ground laughing
:biglol:

🔥 Latest posts